For seedlings what is good time to add fertilizer

When is it to soon to start adding chemicals? I have never added anything well fish emollients fertilizer never knew how important ph and other levels are. My seedling just popped like yesterday :grinning: and don’t want to harm her . Any suggestions are greatly welcome thanks in advance.

Welcome to the community. Now for the fun part. Can you fill this out so we can inform you with proper information?

Support Ticket

What does the manufacturer say? I don’t feed seedlings for a few weeks and then it’s organic…

3 Likes

Hahaha your soooooo funny. I’ll do my best but there’s not much to add to list :wink:

Support ticket is important so many mediums it’s had to help without basic information but you usually don’t have to add nutes to seedlings for a week or two

1 Like

On depleted soil you can start feeding a few days after it pops above soil. Its very diluted.

But I usually wait about a week to 2 weeks. Unless it shows deficiencies then I start feeding.

I came up with the ILGM “Support Ticket” years ago in order to help new membersto easily provide the necessary information to the community mentors, and our ILGM Moderators so we could provide informed advice to help you grow successfully.

Experienced community members and expert staff will be better informed and more capable of providing a more informed answers to your questions once hey have an idea of what you are doing.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can. If you aew not sure, just bring it to oue attention. We will figure it out.

1. Indoor - 1 lovely plant?
    2: Ilgm seeds
  2. feminized,
  3. Tap with filter of water on wall purfier
  4. PH and TDS/EC of if mixed solution?
  5. Grow method? Soil,foxfire ocean
  6. None currently.
  7. What typr of lighting are you using? LED full spectrums with bloom light setting and dimmable 1600 .Please elaborate.
  8. What are the temps in your growspce? Day / Night?
  9. What is the RH = relative humidity in your growspace? Day / Night?currently don’t monitor
  10. AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier? None :frowning:
  11. Do you have a Ventilation system? Size? 4", 6"? No
  12. Co2 Yes / No? No
  13. How long have you been growing? My 3 grow
  14. What budget have you set in order to grow successfully? I just purchased a 3000 light have a tent set aside to order with vent thingy and round thingy making room in grow room now :grinning: 0
  15. If you grow hydro, then please explain your hydro method. DWC, R-DWC, Ebb and Flow, Or; Other? Other?na

16b. Size and temperature of solution in reservoir?na

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to identify your u=swalvatne)

1 Like

Like @MrPeat said fill out support ticket. As for me I’m growing in Fox Farm soil FFOF/FFHF. that will take them to 4/5 weeks before I need to add any nutrients. Then when my TDS/PPM drop to 1000 PPM I will star to feed them.

1 Like

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
-Age of plant
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
-Vessels: Type and capacity of container (fabric, plastic, etc)
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
-Method used to measure PH and TDS
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
-Light system List brand and wattage/spectrum
-Actual wattage draw of lights
-Current Light Schedule
-Temps; Day, Night
-Humidity; Day, Night
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
-Co2; Yes, No

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution
-Amount of air to solution

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Welcome to the community what soil u using coz if ur using fox farm ocean Forest dont add use any nutrients for at least one month its a hot soil in saying that its not the type of soil i would use for seedlings not unless it has been mixed with fox farm happy frog soil then it would be fine but if ur using coco coir i normally make a mix of 1.5 mls of nutrients to a one litre of water i hope this helps

1 Like

Welcome to the community!

Welcome to the forum! Support ticket would be good.

Thank you for your help :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Welcome @swalvatne
I got some of what you put in the support ticket. Just need to clarify a little more.
Looks like you have FoxFarms Ocean Frorest soil, correct?
Filtered tap water?
Not checking Ph or TDS.
Your 3rd grow and a tent is in the near future?
Is this an autoflower?
What brand of light would be helpful too.

I suggest you get a TDS/EC meter(they are cheap) and a good Ph pen type meter(less than $50.00us)
If I am right about your soil choice, You will not need anything except Ph adjusted water for several weeks. Ocean Forest is pretty strong soil and has been known to “burn” seedlings so be careful.

1 Like

You can feed cloned immediately to seedlings if your media doesn’t have any nutrients

Thank you for your help ill climb up there and check out light and get back to you. I don’t know anything about ph so any help there would be greatly appreciated. Yes I’m using filtered tap water bottle got to expensive is there better alternative? Yup my 3rd grow 1st 2 did ok for doing nothing :slight_smile: thanks for your help

Thank you :blush: I’ll fill out your support ticket I got all crossed up

1 Like

Hi I Ordered my tester it will be here tomorrow. I checked my light it’s a Vipar Spectar led light model v450 power 450. I just received my new one its ( I hope I didn’t go overboard) a bloom plus BP 3000. It’s got adjustable lights . I’m getting ready to order my tent I have to work in my grow room first so husband don’t freak out :slight_smile: :laughing: but really soon. Thank you for your help .

1 Like

How big are your pots?
Fox farms ocean forest is rich soil, for example you shouldn’t need to feed until week 4 in a 5 gallon pot.
You didn’t go overboard with lighting it’s pretty hard to, try to avoid buying anymore gear without checking with experinced members first we will save you alot of money and hassle long term.

So no more amazon lights okay lol.

@Dadgrows her media has lots of nutrients but otherwise yes in a soil less medium a feed would be needed right away.