For help, how to use BHO and ethanol extracts to make cookies?

Can you give me the detailed steps and methods

Don’t cook with bho. That stuff contains butane, even after processing. Some dispensaries & bho companies will actually label their products with the amount of residual butane remaining; I’ve seen a few with 3%+ butane in the finished product.

2 Likes

@Ragnar and @AnneBonny have some experience on this stuff
Hope this helps

1 Like

thank you.I’m going to get to know it now

Is there really no way to deal with it?

Read “Beyond Buds by Ed Rosenthal”. It’s a great place to start, also look it up on U-Tube, there’s lots of videos!

I just ordered some gummy bear molds! I’m on the same venture myself, Don’t worry about residual butane, it’s way way below the threshold set by the EPA and USDA, other extraction techniques can be toxic with other solvents, and that’s where the confusion may lie.

You may want to purchase a magnetic hotplate stirrer for mixing the shatter with veg glycerin, otherwise your arm may fall off stirring it by hand…

2 Likes

Thank you very much indeed. It’s very helpful to me

Can you send me a link? I can’t find it.

@tanxiaodi are you asking how to make BHO oil or an ethanol extract or did you purchase some already and just want to make edibles with it? I’m just not sure what question I’m answering?

1 Like

I already have it,Now want to know how to make cookies out of it,Can you help me?

Absolutely. The standard for decent potency is 2 sticks of butter to 1 gram of oil and there are various ways to get it into the butter. Is your oil actual oil like or is it in more solid form? If it’s solid/firm I would melt it in a shot glass first in a double boiler type action. If it’s truly oil like in a syringe you don’t need to do that. I would melt your butter in a mason type jar add your bho oil, cover it and let it sit in a water bath either on the stove top on low heat or in a crock pot. You don’t need to decarb it or anything prior as the process of making the BHO takes care of that. Give it about an hour or so, swirling the container occasionally so the BHO completely integrates with the butter. You also may need to burp the jar to release pressure. Once that is done, let it cool and solidify and then make your baked goods. Just be careful if you haven’t had edibles before as they effect you differently than smoking. Start with like 1/4 or half a cookie or brownie and work your way up to the correct dose.

Enjoy and I hope that helps. Also if you check out the members lounge there are lots of good recipes as other great information there.

2 Likes

Thank you very much,I’m experimenting now

@AnneBonny Have you ever heard of a Sous-vide cooker? I have one to regulate temperature accurately for avoiding decarboxilation or achieving minimum decarboxilation and preserving more turpentine, great for cooking too! It’s an essential to achieve high quality oil at the lowest and most accurate temperature. I can make dabs that aren’t overcooked! Preserves allot more turpines.

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.seriouseats.com%2Fassets_c%2F2015%2F06%2F20150610-sous-vide-chicken-guide-18-thumb-1500xauto-424106.jpg&f=1

A gram of BHO and a gram of butter?

1 gram of bho to to sticks of butter

I have not. Will look into that thanks.

@AnneBonny - hey AB, as you know, I’m in the process of drying/curing my first harvest and I was checking out videos on the different ways to decarboxilate (for personal coconut oil canna caps) and came across this one - How to Make Cannabis Infused Coconut Oil, Step by Step - YouTube

I’ve been learning to cook with a sous vide over the last six months or so but never thought of using it for decarboxilating. One huge advantage I can think of is that because you’re using a sealed jar, it probably will cut down on the stink factor. Plus you can really dial in on the temperature - you want 220, you get exactly 220.

Only downside I can think of - in the end, if the product sucks, there aren’t any excuses. It just means I grew lousy weed. Doh!:grinning:

You want 118 for a week and it gets everything out of the plant use this recipe When done correctly, this recipe will take 10 days

First you must decarboxylate your raw material. Use the whole plant minus the roots. This will give you the highest medicinal effect.

Heat oven to 200-212 degrees. Put desired plant material in a mason jar and seal the top. Put jar in oven for 45 minutes.
After decarboxylation remove from oven and let it cool over night. This will allow the terpenes to absorb into the plant material.

Fill this jar with Organic Coconut Oil. Fill to the top of the jar covering all the plant material.
Cook in a water bath at 118 degrees for 5 days. Stir occasionally.
Remove from water bath and filter Coconut Oil. Squeeze the material to remove all the oil.
Re-fill the jar with new oil and heat for an additional 3 days. Remove from water bath and filter.

Now add Sunflower liquid Lecithin. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons to one cup of coconut oil.

This can be used as an oral or topical solution. Enjoy.

Im a small scale grower and this is what i use and is perfect for me. This was made with trim 3 days ago and only used one can and 2 runs. Ilgm super skunk Gonna run one more time . Got basically 2 grams so far. Smoked 2 bowls before weighing