For all of those who enjoy helping beginners grow, I am currently attempting my first grow and thought I'd post it on here for outer perspective!

Strain: Bear Dance. Sativa hybrid
Soil: Fox farms ocean forest
Light: growstar 150 W LED

About 3 weeks in. Havnt started using nutes yet because the FFOF soil has enough in it for now. I will be using Gen. Hydroponics flora trio line shortly.

My main first two questions are:

1. when is a good time to start topping this plant
    &
  2. for only one plant, using a gallon of water to mix the nutes will be too much water so is it safe the convert the mixing amounts on the flora micro/grow/bloom to 1/4th of a gallon of water and 1/4th the amount of nutes.

I will continue to post updates pictures .

Thank you ILGM community !

(upload://7Iwd93rYI47Pm8Lczs9ItevI0tK.jpg)

13 Likes

@MiracleGro welcome to the community! You’ll learn lots here, and more than happy to answer your questions.
Yes it’s safe to convert 1/4 or 1/2 nutrients.
What nutrients are you currently using?

Some of us top or FIM or do low stress training after the 4th or 5th node. So far she looks great!
Just tag us using the @covertgrower so we don’t overlook your responses! Happy growing and looking forward to your progress.

3 Likes

Hay welcome!! Me personally don’t ever top em i fimm them or tigh them down its a wast of a big bud

@Covertgrower Thanks so much for the response! I will start using general hydroponic’s flora trio nutrients shortly.

Could you please briefly explain the difference between topping and fimming…

Anything and everything is greatly appreciated!

2 Likes

Here are some guides that might help you @MiracleGro Welcome to ILGM Forums. Your girl is a photoperiod? or Auto? Regular or Fem?

Why don’t you post this support ticket so we get all the info we need to make sure you are on track.

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGM… name of strain:

How many plants:

Age from Sprout and Flower:

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Medium & Size of Pots:

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so?

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir:

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS:

What brand and products of Nutrients are you using? Strength and how often?

Indoor or Outdoor:

Indoor type and size of grow area or tent?

Light system, size and height from plants:

Temps; Day, Night:

Humidity; Day, Night:

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size:

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:

Co2; Yes, No:

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you

Nutrient_Chart2

047569e630ee5cd20dde4e481a8f48c024eff626

fimming vs trimming

Topping

Advanved Growing Techniques- Bigger yields

LST

SCROG

I just harvested over a pound from one plant; Fimming and Topping and then using a SCROG. Good Stuff!

11 Likes

Welcome to the forum. You’ll get lots of advice aND guidance here, lots of experience available. My personal suggestion I wouldn’t top more than once maybe twice unless you have another light you plan to add later. If she spreads too much the foot print of the light will be exceeded. Even with that you will probably still need to add light in the flower stage. Don’t take it as the gospel I’m sure others with more experience will be by to advise. Looks like a good start.

5 Likes

Welcome to forum. @Covertgrower & @bob31 have got ya covered. As you see everyone will do what they can to help. If they dont know the answer, they can tag someone else to help who’ll respond… Happy Growing!

7 Likes

Welcome to the Best fourm around! @MiracleGro
You are in good hands with @bob31 and @Covertgrower.

8 Likes

Welcome @MiracleGro , as said before you are in good hands here happy growin🙂

3 Likes

Welcome!!!

I’ve received solid advice and encouragement from these people. You are in very good hands here.:slightly_smiling_face::+1:

2 Likes

Welcome! Best of luck with your grow!

3 Likes

Thank you for the speedy, honest responses. I look forward to engaging with this community as the process goes on! @bob31 @Covertgrower

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA
Photoperiod 18/6
Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGM… name of strain: Bear Dance strain. Clone

How many plants: 1

Age from Sprout and Flower: bought clone 3 weeks ago.

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Medium & Size of Pots: Currently in 3.5 gal pot with Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil.

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so? 2-3 times per week depending on the dryness of the soil.

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir: N/A yet

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS: N/A yet

What brand and products of Nutrients are you using? Strength and how often? Will start using general hydroponics flora trio nutrient line within the next week. I plan to follow the label guidelines.

Indoor or Outdoor: Indoor

Indoor type and size of grow area or tent? One plant growing in a topogrow grow tent(24’‘X 36’‘X 60’')

Light system, size and height from plants: Using a Growstar 150 W hydroponic LED light. currently ~12-15" above plant

Temps; Day, Night: 60-70 F

Humidity; Day, Night: 30-35 %

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size: No

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier: No

Co2; Yes, No: No

hopefully this information will help! thank you again!

best, Nate

1 Like

@MiracleGro A few things to that I’d like to check on!

Do you have a pH meter and ph up/down and calibration fluid?

Here are some examples

Apera pH Meter

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ENFOHN8/ref=ox_sc_mini_detail?tag=greenrel-20

ph and tds meters

ph meter only

https://www.amazon.com/Hydroponic-Nutrient-Calibration-Solution-Included/dp/B00PECAQ12/ref=sr_1_6?tag=greenrel-20

pH Test drops 1 ounce

https://www.amazon.com/General-Hydroponics-Test-Kit-1-Ounce/dp/B000BT32UA/ref=sr_1_8?tag=greenrel-20

ph up & Down with test kit

https://www.amazon.com/General-Hydroponics-GH1514-Control-Kit/dp/B000BNKWZY/ref=sr_1_2?tag=greenrel-20&th=1&psc=1

7.0 calibration fluid

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001D0CKYK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?tag=greenrel-20

FFOF is a pretty enriched soil. The current pot they are in how long ago did you transplant the clone into that? I would advise waiting 3-4 weeks to give it any nutrients.

2 Likes

So ive transplanted it twice already since purchasing the clone once into a ~1 gallon which is the pot in my original post. And a couple days ago i did again into an even bigger ~3.5 gal pot. I wish i would have put it into the bigger pot right away but oh well. I purchased a soil ph tester/moisture/light meter however i have not yet purchased the ph up/down and liquid tester. will the soild ph meter suffice? or would having the liquid tester provide be preferred? I will indeed hold off another week or so on the nutrients.

thanks for all your help

1 Like

@MiracleGro You have to pH the water and nutrients. You can’t do it with a prong meter, Sorry.

So she is in fresh FFOF as of just 2 days ago? I would wait two-3 weeks or so or until the TDS runoff is like 900. If you don’t have a TDS meter you might burn them if you try to feed them too young.

2 Likes

Yes, at least half of the soil is a couple days fresh so i will indeed wait for the ppm to be ideal. just purchased the tds meter so ill know forsure when it comes.

Ill be sure to post an update picture again very shortly.

2 Likes

Excellent @MiracleGro Sounds good. Looking forward to hearing more when you post next!

1 Like

Just want to post an update of the plant! Here is day 2 after I tried my first tie down method. Hoping it allows more tops to grow up as advertised!

5 Likes

Looks good. Out of likes @MiracleGro

1 Like