Foliar feeding with or without seltzer. Thoughts please

I am growing eight Gorilla Glue autos and they are flowering nicely. Each on has its own 1000watt-1200watt LED over it, plus I have a few mounted sideways. I was having trouble with temps and low humidity so I started foliar feeding. It has brought my climate to a proper 86 and RL 50%. Am I risking burning my leaves. If foliar feeding is okay, it was suggested to me to use sparkling or seltzer. Thanks

1 Like

Only foliar feed just before lights out. The droplets can act as a magnifier and burn the leaves when lights are on. I only foliar feed if there’s a deficiency that needs immediate attention. Have never used bubbly water so unsure on that.

1 Like

Luckily I didn’t burn them. My lights are high because I was starting to see the very beginning of the leaves clawing. I don’t use nutes so I know that isn’t it. Super soil and cloth pots. I liked foliaring around with them, but if it doesn’t help much I guess I should stop. Maybe I will just pet them instead :slight_smile:

1 Like

Clawing up? Or down? And yes super soil can be too hot also.

Just the very tips of the top leaves. Closest to the light.

Clawing up? Or down?

I wouldn’t spray my flowering plants…
But during vegg I spray them with seltzer water , it gives them a boost of co2 … :+1::wink:
:v::sunglasses:

1 Like

Clawing on the very tips, can’t tell up or down. They were just beginning. Hope they stop before I can tell up or down :slight_smile:

Your thermometer might be reading 86 (which is warm), but the top of the plants nearest the lights might be too hot.

Pics always help.

2 Likes

In my state they aren’t pics… it’s called evidence. :slight_smile: I just went and took a good long look and everything is beautiful green. I have a few questions about height and development but that’s another conversation. When I referred to clawing, I meant the very tips of the leaves were brown. Barely. As far as clawing I see what I think you mean as the leaves on that one plant seen to be clawing down, but they are green. What is the difference from claws up or claws down. Thanks, I learn every grow.

Claws down infers too much nitrogen ,(but hard to diagnose remotely)

Taco-ing leaves (curling up/down from the sides like a taco), usually indicate temp or humidity issues.

1 Like

This is the kind of tacoing that @Drinkslinger was referring too…
This is happening because it was too cold and to much air movement in my room… :+1::wink:

At the time of this pic , room temp was 66 degrees with a windchill of 61 degrees and humidity was 45% …
:v::sunglasses: