Foilar feeding recommendation

Hey,

I got a newbie question I’ve bet as been asked a thousand times but I get very scattered results when I search, but what I’m needing to feeding to foilar feed some espom salts to my auto in dwc, can any 1 suggest a ratio for a 1 liter spray bottle, I also have some floralicouis plus on hand if you think I need to add it to and do you need to ph your foilar spray?, but here’s a ticket if that helps,

Sensible seeds- Blueberry Bliss.
5 gal Dwc
GH flora series 3 part, with superthrive, and floralicious plus.
Temps in the past 24 is a high of 80 and a low of 70
Hummidity high of 45, low as 30
Res temp average is 63 at night to 69 during the day
Tap water bubbled 24 hours to dechlorinate
No co2
Led flood 6400-2700k / cfl grow lights

Now I’ve been battling this issue for the past month, I thought it was ph issues, and I got a new ph pen and ph is on point at 5.8 to 5.9, but it’s still presenting cal/mag defencinies, but I’m using tap so I didn’t think cal mag was a big issue, but I definitely need to get it under control,

I will add this is my first dwc if you cant tell, I’m feeding nutes at 1/3 strength, and all has done good to this point, granted I never thought the plant was going to get this big, or am I needing to up nute strength, now ill post pics just go easy on me. I know the plant looks like crap…lol, thanks ahead of time guys!!!

Need a bit more information.
What soil medium are you using?
Why are you running your nutes at 1/3 strength?

Fill this out: please be as complete as possible. Pictures of the roots would be good. Rez size, what nutes, TDS of nutes, PH, etc.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Thanks!

1 Like

I suggest to NOT FOLIAR FEED your plants.

You have one of two issues going on here,

1- too much growth leading to cannibalizing of the plant for nutrients-

Treatment- cut away lower branches and growth 6-8 inches from the plant to whatever the medium your using is. Also cut away any branches smaller then a #2 pencil

2- nute lock

Treatment : flush fast and flush hard then cross your fingers and hope for the best

2 Likes

@PharmerBob is dead on.
Foliar feeding is a very tricky mistress. A foliar spray, when administered correctly can be a wonderful supplement to a nutrient program, but if you mess it up, do it wrong, fail to allow it to dry, screw your nutrient solution up, spray the wrong time of day, leave too much residue, etc., etc., you will F your plant up without a doubt.
As a new grower don’t risk it. Follow the advice of @PharmerBob and watch her closely. She’ll tell you what she needs and if you don’t understand her just yet, the forum will be here to help! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m not a hydro guy but why wouldn’t you consider just adding some epsom salt to your DWC as based on the leaves that’s what I see as being deficient.

Pretty much the only foliar feed I’d ever recommend would be for a jolt of calcium and magnesium.

To answer your question; do not foliar feed unless you are chasing a known deficiency. If you do, it should be applied at or close to lights out to avoid burning the plants.

3 Likes

Also in flower I suggest no spraying. Mold is a nasty B.

When switching from veg to flower you should have upped the nutes to recommended levels not a 1/3 of it. I’d try to get the nutes where the plant will be happy and stop eating itself for what it needs.

Best of luck, I’ve had some look worse no judging here

1 Like

Hey,

I’m in deep water culture in a 5 gal bucket, with water to 1inch below the 6 in net pot, sooo 3 and a half to 4gal being used, and I was keeping nutrients lower due to it being a auto, but I’ll up it to half and go from there and see if it helps, and I’m going to add another 5 gal bucket resivour via uni seal and 2inch pvc and see if things don’t improve, I’m tired of adding gal or more of water a day, it’s drinking a ton of water, I’ll top it off with half strength nutes, and post back in a week see what you guys think, and let me know if there is any specific info you need

2 Likes

Nah man it’s your grow so go for it.

Reservoir is a great idea! Always good to be able to see what’s in the tank without lifting a plant.

Here’s some of my systems I run

5 5 gal buckets, 4 plant sites 1 reservoir

There’s 2” pvc connecting them together bad pic tho I guess

2 Likes

Well I got a 4 bucket system with a res system but wanted to run a couple of plants individualy before invested that much time and money in it, and dial in my skills a bit, so I greatly appreciate info from people that grow in Dwc, and had experience, so thank you guys!!!

1 Like

P.s. Now I red that autos are nute sensitive, but at what point so up nutes, I know you start at 1/4 strength but when do you go to half and or full strength, I’m going by general hydroponics flora series feed schedule

After a month of veg I give full strength nutes for veg.

Then flush between veg and flower and go full nutes for flower

1 Like

Ditch the bucket and get an 18 gallon or larger tote and never look back. Adding a rez is great but try to site it outside the tent to reduce the temp. I went to my local carwash and was given a couple of plastic drums that just required a good rinsing (and a little modification) into a great reservoir.

The buckets just don’t have enough room for a big rootball AND nutes/water.

2 Likes

Roger that ,I ust got a 17 gal Tuff toat thats more tall then long, and see how that works, so should I attach a 5 gal bucket to the toat outside the tent and or just attach the 5 gal bucket to the other 5 gal bucket ? now the root ball is huge, it takes up every bit of the 5 gal bucket…

1 Like

If you had a chiller I’d say no rez and just use the tote. Mine is 18 gallon and probably has 16 in it. That’s a rational amount and my tote is also taller rather than deeper.

You can run a 5 gallon bucket outside the tent for an additional rez: it does make topping up and adding nutes much easier.

1 Like

Check out bonsai “micro total” foliar formula… made for foliar feeding :wink: use sparingly IE: Mist It’s like magic… Shhhhh dont tell anyone :sunglasses: when you see what happens it will freak you out a minute, then the magic happens. Everything a growing girl needs and inexpensive. She will glow a yellowish color for a day or so, then explode! Stuff is amazing seen it work on an almost completely damped off plant, she came back with a vengeance. Wish I had before and after pics. 100% chelated micronutrients. Now look up chelated micronutrients and cannibas :wink: Not the sharpest tool, but I have been reading high times since the early 80’s :wink:

:wink: I have several bonsai, aside from keeping roots damp this is all they eat, foliar only Cannabis loves it!

3 Likes

Hey,

Thanks for the info I’ll definitely check it out, thanks!!!