Flushing when watering

Here are a few pics. My question is when it comes time to harvest which I know won’t be for 4-5 weeks, but I have been watering with RO water and was wondering when I flush do I have to use RO water or can I use tap water? Also the last week do I use the same amount of water when flushing as watering? They are in 3 gallon fabric pots.

these are into there 3rd week of flowering

1 Like

On a normal flush use 3x your pot size
(3 gallon pot 9 gallon water) and you want your ppm as low as possible so yes ro water would be better

1 Like

@HornHead hey thanks a lot or Ned wasn’t sure but I was assuming that you would want the RO for the fact that there’s absolutely nothing in it as far as chlorine and chemicals and shit like that I’m do I do it one time or three times at week like I would be watering my plants

I’m not a soil guy so not positive but I’d do the 3x amount flush once and test the ppm runoff and if number is low 300ish let’s say, then just water with plain ph water until finished

1 Like

10-4 thanks alot or dead I know I still got 4 to 5 weeks to go there just into their third week just wanted to have everything ready thank you for your quick response I appreciate that on my way to work you have a good day

1 Like

That’s the only reason I’m up this early. Work :tired_face:

1 Like

Me too I work from 6 in the morning till 6 at night 6 days a week it sucks but what are you doing go home and relieve yourself with the stuff you do to relieve stress

To be honest, when I do my final flush, I don’t even Ph my water. I do let the chlorine gas off for a day or two beforehand though. This may be wrong but my theory is the plant is nearing its end anyway. I wouldn’t waste the RO water on a plant that’s getting chopped in a week.

2 Likes

I did the same. I figured I was flushing because I didn’t want it to take up more nutrients so what harm is a nutrient lock out going to do.

2 Likes

Hey man thank you I know it’s going to be a little while but wanted to know what I’m doing :v:

1 Like

Very true I guess the last week (not like it’s going to kill it​:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::crazy_face:

1 Like

@BobbyDigital @SilentHippie I ph my water really low at end. I do this because some plants change colors with low ph soil and I figure I give it a shot see if I can get some colors on my buds. I got a wwa that is turning purple, not sure if it’s because my temperature is low with light off or my ph. Either way, my buds are looking good

2 Likes

That’s what I’m planning for this time around. I won’t be able to get low temps so if I do get some color it will be because of the low ph.

1 Like

I installed a A/C into my tent for awhile I was unable to maintain my temps but with that I cat keep light up high and keep temps at 78 the girls love it

I was talking about getting the temps down to around 50* to try and bring out the fall colors in the buds.

Ohh I get it I’m a slow old man :ok_hand:

1 Like

What I do is put my plants in the kitchen sink one by one and flush the heck out of them, my cold water has a charcoal filter to rid the chlorine.
I have a 5 gallon bucket of Ph’d water and when the flush is done (I flush heavy) I then flush with Ph’d water and run close to a full 5 gallon bucket through a 5 gallon smart pot.
Figure that hurts the plant a little less, and it’s less work for me.

1 Like

Sounds great, as long as you flush the minerals out, you should be good!