Flushing Question?

I Need to Flush. I’ve been searching around but still confused. I have 2 plants in 5 gallon Fabric Pots I’m using the Scrog system so I have branches tied up. Do I un-tie the branches and bring them to the bathtub? or can I Flush them while in the tent? The tray thats under them can only hold about 2/12 gallons of water before I have to use the shopvac which means I have to pause for a few minutes after a couple gallons are poured in. Thanks for the help

I would not untie them and just do them where they are. Less chance on stressing and damaging them

2 Likes

Leave them where they are and just use shop vac or something to clear trays as you go.

2 Likes

This is a major pita, but I do it myself in the tent with a turkey baster. It takes a long time, but it works.

1 Like

You should really go get yourself a little shop-vac $20 bucks will save you a ton of hassle… :wink:
@raustin
:v::sunglasses:

4 Likes

Yeah, I have a battery powered pump, but it doesn’t work very well, so I rely on my turkey baster. Lol

2 Likes

Its definitely a tool that you want it your arsenal… :wink:
Walmart and home depo have them pretty cheap… I highly recommend it… :grin:

:v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

You’re right, I really do need a better way to flush. The turkey baster is getting old.

4 Likes

I bought a little $8 submersible pump you could drop in and pump into a bucket then move it to the next. It’s about 2" square.

You could reduce the amount of water needed to flush by using a flushing agent like FloraKleen or Sledgehammer. Just FYI.

5 Likes

Yes, I use Sledgehammer, it works great. I’d be at it all day if I didn’t use it.

3 Likes

Multi purpose tool aye :joy:

So I would be OK to pause a few minutes after pouring a couple gallons in? I have a small shopvac

2 Likes

Definetly, its good to do it slowly. Gives it time to do its job breaking the salts and shit you want to flush out.

1 Like

Great Thanks. 1 more question I should have mention both plants are in flower but I still have like 5 weeks left but they have nitrogen toxicity that’s getting pretty bad would it still be OK to flush? or wait till before harvest?

1 Like

You can flush them anytime if u need too