Flushing help please

Thanks @blackthumbbetty ! So I just put in 4.5g pH at 6.8 and it brought it up to 6.2!! which was really exciting. I was pumped. So I did another 4.5g at 6.9 and it dropped to 5.8pH!!! and ppm is 180! huh what the heck happened there?

OK, stop, feed at 6.8 using the appropriate feed ec/tds, check that run off, then leave it. Adding another 9 gallons on top of the 1st 15 gals was too much.

I recommended a few extra gallons of flush, then a light feed. :grinning: You probably hit a pocket of something that broke down fast with that last 4.5 gallons.

1 Like

yup, you did. It was working and I got overzealous :roll_eyes:.
I have adjusted my feed to pH 6.8, but the tds is just under 500. It is supposed to be closer to 1000? How would I alter it?
I really appreciate all your help!

1 Like

Right now, let it be. Next feeding, adjust. Google to find a feed chart for soil and follow it.

Your nutrient line is definitely not up my Alley. I can tell you how to correct some basic issues, but tbh I have no idea how to feed with synthetic nutes. Everytime Iā€™ve used them, I screwed up my grows. Do not take my feeding advice for GH Flora or any nonorganic line. :grinning:

I know someone can help. Hmmm, wonder who uses that line.

@AfgVet @GreenJewels You two know where to direct from here? I know you donā€™t use that line, but you might know who does? Or can use some Fox Farm know-how to help give general advice?

2 Likes

I honestly donā€™t know who may be using GH nutes.

3 Likes

Thanks so much! In the end she came out at 6.0pH (after nutes)

1 Like

Hi AfgVet. Is this because they arenā€™t good? Why arenā€™t people using them? Iā€™m certainly not married to them, they just seemed straightforward to use and seemed to be commonly used?

1 Like

GH nutes are hot. I use 1/2 dose

2 Likes

Hi @Ben-jam-in. right, which I knew. Iā€™ve been putting in half strength as well. But maybe too often? every other watering

Week 6 of 12/22

1 Like

No, Iā€™m not saying theyā€™re not good, just out of the few that I have kept up with nute wise I just canā€™t remember whose using them. I know Iā€™ve read peopleā€™s journals that are using GH, I just canā€™t remember who

2 Likes

@Cannamom
I feed ever watering. Iā€™m in 3 gal pots I follower hellraiserā€™s method of wet/dry cycle which works out to every 3 days about 2cup/ plant at 6.5ph

Here! I searched for ā€œGH Nutesā€ in the search bar:

1 Like