Flushing at end of flower

When flushing at end of flower, how much water should you run thru each time, should it be more than 15 to 20% runoff that I try for when feeding? I’m in a 5 gallon bucket in Fox Farms soil. In the past Ive just given however much I give when Ive fed, bit I really want to give her the best flush possible for her final 2 weeks(ish). Thanks in advance and I’ve attached the journal of the plant im referencing.

1 Like

Following

2 Likes

It takes about 3x the volume of the pot in water the run PPMs down to 300 to 400 when using a flushing agent such as FloraKleen or Sledgehammer. If I were to flush a 5 gal pot, I would flush with 3 gals of a Sledgehammer mix then follow that with 12 gals straight RO or distilled.

Many growers feed water only for the last 2 weeks of a grow rather than a one-and-done flush. This is what I do.

4 Likes

You will want to do 3x the size of your pot so if you are growing in 5 gal pots you would use 15 gallons of water

1 Like

I water feed only the last 2 weeks :love_you_gesture:

6 Likes

rxgreentechnologies DOT com/rxgt_trials/flushing-trial/
Belief it or not someone tried to quantify the benefit of flushing or not.

4 Likes

“quantify the benefit” = rolled a doobie

2 Likes

or 5

2 Likes

haha how long will they last. I roll exactly 5 every morning! For work :dash: :dash: :dash: :dash: :dash:

2 Likes

I heard about that study, and think it’s a bother, that kind of detail and analysis isnt necessary to grow good pot with little effort. Do ya think it might depend on what you wanna do with the soil after harvest

I think it depends on the medium and nutrients used. I use coco. After a little rinse it is good to reuse. But usually the root ball is so tight I toss it on the compost pile for the garden. For me, the study tells me if you water to water only, do it. If you want to feed to the end, do it. Either way I won’t be wrong.

Five would last me a lifetime since I don’t partake. It would be normal daily intake for my wife.

4 Likes

gotcha. It does depend.

I’m just watering to keep my worms alive…:grin::heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

1 Like

@Beefy Im burdened with watering worms too, as I reuse my garden soil. It was a happy accident

1 Like

I don’t believe in flushing. My limited testing of the concept showed me it made no difference I could determine. I’m not going to drag someone for doing it, obviously since so many do, but now I only flush if there’s a problem during the grow and I need to drop PPMs.

I have given my plants a shower - this particular grow I got thrips and gnats. Wadda pain.

6 Likes

not liking thrips and gnats

1 Like

Yeah it really sucks. They came in the house with two orphaned clones unfortunately. Once I’m done with the remaining plant (one died), I’m sanitizing every durn thing in the house.

1 Like

I tossed 4 sour Diesels in early 2021 due to a battle with Thrips. 1st time I’ve ever accepted defeat :joy::joy::love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Yeah, I was close to giving up - I threw the bug killing book at them but dang they are persistent!

1 Like