Flushing and interesting discussion

I love the “its science” crowd. Sooner or later you realize that “the science” is the last place you want to put faith. When “the science” said DDT was safe to spray on a pool of people, they did so for advertisement. That same “science” says there is no medical use for cannabis, but there is for OPIUM! That same science has my friends addicted to suboxone because its a non addictive opiod replacement. My 1 year into an opiod addiction friend has been using science for almost 6 years now… science can :wind_face:! Science said being covid vaxxed would keep me covid free, then it was if im dble boosted I wont get covid, and on and on. Now the numbers are clear and science wss wrong…yet again.

8 Likes

Thanks everyone for the replies. I’m glad I was able to spark some discussion. I figured some would agree and some would disagree, some would have alternative descriptions and explanations etc.

3 Likes

I’ve seen a couple growers do this to bring out some colours just before harvest when their inside temps aren’t conducive to it.
I think it’s lower for reds and pinks. Higher for the blues and purples if I recall. Not 100% on that tho.

Very good point. 2 weeks with no nutes definitely seems to yellow them up.
And that could be part of the reason that one plant I have is so harsh. It was still fairly green leaf’d at harvest. And had a short water only time too.
Only 4 days.
But you would think after 3 months in the jar it should be far enough along in the cure to take care of that.

:v:

1 Like

It is a topic that can get out of hand but this community has the ability to post varied opinions and avoid insulting each other. Probably because many of us are older and more understanding. If you want a flame war just ask what kind of Pizza should we order…Lol

6 Likes

This is also done to produce anthrocyanins. That will allow plant to develop different colors.

4 Likes

Lol pineapple pizza of course :yum::joy:

:nauseated_face:

And I like pineapple. Just made a sweet and sour chicken dish with pineapple and it was great.
For pizza I prefer a plain cheese pie if its got that good chewy bread.
Lol…I’m just having a laugh here :laughing:

1 Like

Pizza?!? Pizza?!?! Roflmao so true.

1 Like

Good debate is healthy. Many discoveries and alternative options show thier heads.

That is a fact Sir. Seems mostly “seasoned” folks here. A little age does wonders.

4 Likes

Cambodian happy pizza with extra happy of course

Cambodians do make for a happy pizza

2 Likes

Is this how to get the reds to come out at the end. Whenever I go to just water at the end I get only yellow, but I ph that water…if I intentionally make the ph of my water super low or high I get pretty colors?

Never tried it but that’s my understanding.

My one girl just started really showing her colors but it was shortly after i dropped the temps a little bit but no flushing.

1 Like

I’m not experienced enough with growing in containers to have an opinion on flushing. But Dr. MJ Coco says to do a much shorter flush if you grow in coco. I think he says four days or until runoff ppm gets to 200. Don’t quote me on that, but it’s in the when and how to flush article on cocoforcannabis.com. From the website and videos I gather he’s knowledgeable on all things grow.

@Docnraq when I hear someone say “the science” that’s my signal to stop listening. Lol.

1 Like

I’m starting to feel like I’m maybe one of the youngest here :rofl::rofl::grimacing:

1 Like

Do plants have tissues that store nutrients similar to how animals store energy in fat? Don’t plants just use whatever nutrients they take up to build new growth? I’m trying to understand where exactly the excess unused nutrients are stored in a plant anatomy.

Plants store nutrients in roots, stems, leaves and fruits. Mostly leaves.

No, not exactly. Plants will use what is stored and replenish what was used, kinda like how you would use milk that expires soonest first, even if you have two gallons in the fridge. Hope thats not a terrible analogy.

1 Like

Makes sense. Are these nutrients stored in form of the original compounds that were fed to the plant, or are they converted to other substances by the plant before being stored?

That is an excellent question. Im not super sure on the answer but this might help.

Chlorophyll is made up of both Nitrogen and magnesium.
Cellulose is considerd plant fat, so it likely stores nutes in a similar fashion as animals. (Previous question)

1 Like