Flushing and harvesting…

I know I’m a few weeks away from harvesting. I just don’t know at what point I need to start flushing my plants with regular clean water to get all the nutrients and salt out of it before harvest. I’ve got lots of red hairs but I have way more white hairs than I do red and a lot of the tricombs that I have that I can see with my little magnifying glass are still a little clearer. I just don’t know at what point I need to start flushing should I give it another week or two and then flush?

4 Likes

You are still a ways before harvesting. Brown hairs need to recede and the white ones need to turn brown yet.

4 Likes

If I’m looking at it one of these days and I find that about 70% of the tri-combs have turned milky would that be a good time to start the flush? Would I be roughly a week or so away from harvest at that point with 70%?

2 Likes

They are nice looking flowers colours and size

1 Like

Should I expect them to fatten up and get heavier in the next couple weeks?

1 Like

Yes they are going to get a lot fatter.
Just fyi, its next to impossible to flush soil and remove all the nutrients.
Once you get to the point where 90% of the pistils have turned brown you can give plain water and let the plant use up the majority. But the components of plant food are bonded to your media and cannot be totally removed no matter how much you flush it.

5 Likes

Good to know. These are the blue nutrients that I’m using. Top dressing 1 teaspoon per gallon of soil or 5 teaspoons. Once a week.

Th

1 Like

Exactly what Spiney said.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t worry about exactly when to start your flush… Yet. But for general planning purposes, assume you can start flushing at the end of week 7 after you saw the first indications of flower. I

3 Likes

At this point they’re doing very well. I have a general question will restricting water intake caused them to flower faster? As in will it trick them into thinking they’re going to be getting less water because fall is approaching faster? I’m still continuing with my normal watering 1 gallon every three days . Just something I was wondering about.

3 Likes

Flower faster? Not really. But they might kick up trichome production to protect themselves.
Do not want to stress them too much though. Perhaps in the last two weeks would be ok.

2 Likes

What spiney said. I would not stress them for H2O until the last week before harvest. 2 or 3 days before harvest maybe…

1 Like