Flushed too early

I am currently at 10 weeks from my light flip, probably 8 since the first pistils.

I had to go away for the past 2 weeks so I gave her what I thought was the last feeding and left instructions to water every 3 days. This was intended to be my final 2 week flush.

Just got home, the buds are big,juicy and extra frosty! Trichomes are all cloudy and maybe 2-5% amber. Pistils are probably 90% white 10% orange. All of the fan leaves are dead and dried out. While plucking a few that didnt fall off on their own my fingers are glued together!

I am thinking I need to give her another week or 2 but shes def depleted all the nutes available.

So what do I do? Feed her again once more and then start another 1-2 week flush? Just let her finish another week on straight water? Or something totally different?

1 Like

You looking for sedative or party? 5-10% amber a good number. Max thc is cloudy. Amber is thc changing. If see no clear you are in the window I think. Pictures really help. White pistils means early.

5 Likes

2 Likes

4 Likes

Was shooting for 20-25% amber and hoping thar aligned with 50%ish orange pistils… of course I have no control over the ratios aligning.

Trying to decide if she would benefit from another feeding or is it too risky to feed her and then find out shes ready for chop before ive had enough time to properly flush again.

Ill snap a few pics in a little bit when I get home again.

2 Likes

Feed if gonna push them more. Flush is a choice. 2 camps. We all agree to disagree on necessity of a flush. I fall into the never do it camp. Best answers will come with the photos.

2 Likes

3 Likes

A month i think. Feedem if was me. Trichs on leaves turn early. Looks like not there yet.

7 Likes

No expert but I say awhile still. White pistols…. Need more orange/red imo. Good luck :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Almost finished is 90% hairs amber.

@Storm , @beachglass Im curious how, without fan leaves or chlorophyll, is she supposed to convert the light?

1 Like

She won’t. that is where her energy come from. It’s ok to take a few off for air, but…not a lot, she needs fan leaves

4 Likes

There are enough to finish her off. Flowers look good.

4 Likes

Yea these plants stop growing and then the BUD trichs turn amber, as they use up the soil nutes, and begin to degrade the cannebinoids. I’m at Wk 6.5 Flowering and seeing some amber on the leaves but I know there’s a few weeks to go and they are growing shoulders so I’ll give them as much as they can handle of feed and numerals they need. Patience wins!

1 Like

Those buds dont look to me like their done growing. I think youre way early.

1 Like

Gave in, knowing that it wouldnt be a cardinal sin to reintroduce nutes and gave her another gallon @ 1100ppm and 6.4ph.

Going to feed her for another week or so then reassess.

3 Likes

Just wanted to share this related article, not sure when it was published but the methodology seems to make sense. Anyway, thought it was an interesting read;

Flushing Trial - RX Green TechnologiesFlushing Trial

Flushing trial that says it makes no difference if you flush conducted and presented by a nutrient company. Not like they benefit from people using an extra 2 weeks of nutes or anything. Its not science its sales.

1 Like

Well, I guess we dont need to ask where you stand on the issue lol

1 Like

Flushing at the end of a grow has nothing to do with washing nutes out so of course this is how the figures would come out. You cant wash nutes out of a plant. The final flush is about breaking down chlorophyll and using stored nutes from leaves They show you in the breakdown.

The cure breaks down chlorophyll also. Bet you can find a bunch of cannabis company backed studies that say curing doesnt effect anything also. They wouldnt be the first and wont be the last company to lie to consumers.

1 Like

Hello where did u get the type of rope to string into the tent to hold up the buds? Thanks