Flush soon or keep giving nutes (quick one auto)?

Hello, this is a specific case because :

• this is quick one autoflower so the plant should grow and mature much faster than more standard feminized strains

• I had her on 24h light until last week, shes only been on 18/6 for about 10 days

• shes 1m (rqs says like 50-70cm tall plant) and on her 12th week (rqs says 8-10 weeks full grow time)

Here are macro pics and nug pics :

I know the nugs still look too immature for harvest, however tricomes do look quote cloudy and although its hard to tell with the pics there is like 30-40% orange hairs.

I could either flush tommorow and saturday hoping for harvest by Sunday or give her another dose of nutes and reassess next watering. I feel like the nugs and hairs tell me a story but the trics tell another, or they could all be clear and I could be wrong…

1 Like

I’d keep feeding. Looks like you have 2+ weeks to go to me.

2 Likes

Is it normal for a quick autoflo strain to go so far over its expected time ? Because although by sight only I agree with you, but when I take the info the breeder gives into account I start to get all hopeful of a soon harvest lol

Whatever they say, add a minimum of two weeks to it. They’re growing under optimum conditions, and they’re basically telling you best case scenario to get you to buy their seeds. For instance, I’ve got this GDP going they say is a 8 to 9 week flowering strain. Today is 11 weeks 1 day (78 days), and I have no amber trichs, and am expecting another couple weeks. That’s going to be a month past their 9 weeks stated.

4 Likes

Yes it’s normal for autos to go past the breeder time. I’ve grown a couple rounds of autos, from different breeders, and they all went well past the time given. I have one right now that the breeder said 45-50 days and I’m at about day 75.

What I learned is the breeder timeline can be taken as a minimum. Let the plant tell you when it’s done :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Morning @Gwiz. I’d say it’s time for a Ripening (GH Cool Bloom dry) agent for rapid thickening. Them Bracts need to swell up a bit more

Then flush them girls.

1 Like

First off that’s a beautiful plant !! And yea I do fear you’re right, I was hopeful because this breeder (rqs) doesn’t claim 8 weeks flower, it claims 8 weeks full grow ! I also think that since she’s much bigger than what they say the plant gets to shes probably is taking a bit more time to stretch nutes over the larger area (does this sound crazy or logical?)

That could be. I used to put to much stock into what the breeder said, and therefore I think I used to harvest to early. I think they rarely finish in the time the breeder states. When you’re shopping for seeds, I would add two or three weeks to what they say.

1 Like

I do give them the biobizz trio which has a thing that should thicken nugs.

I think they’re not very thick because I hadher on 24h light for a but longer than I should’ve, it may have slowed nug development by haver her keep growing.

I’ll keep that In mind for my next grow, this will make it harder to get everyday smoking supply all year long off 1 plant at a time

Yeah, unless you get a monster. I gave up on autos. Photo’s just seem like they’re more worth the time. The buds on that plant I posted are really getting dense, and I bet I get around 9 dry ounces off of it.

2 Likes

I tried the auto’s a time or two and this last time I got a Wedding Cake Auto that didn’t pop on 18x6. I was growing 2xWedding cake, 2xGelato and 2xZkittkez. One of the Wedding Cake plants would not flower until I switched the Photoperiod to 12x12. Then she was a great producer of flower that especially abundant with oils.

4 Likes

I thought of getting her more dark but no one seemed to go 12 12 on autos, interesting it worked for you. Idk if it would help mine though, also it would mean I’d have to start actively keeping her tent closed and the extractor on which I don’t ATM…

1 Like

I think it’s doable if this one gives me +100g dry… but I do agree the nugs are far from as dense as they would be for me to harvest. I really hope she gets a move on now that she has 6h dark every night

1 Like

That’s not breeder info, that’s marketing info. Sometimes marketing can be a little loose with the truth.

2 Likes

Remember you have seeds that have both parents genetics.
The other 4 autos were into late bloom and had just harvested the early blooming Gelato.
I surmised the remaining plant probably had the photoperiod flowering gene in its genetics so,…after 12 weeks of veg it was time to turn down the lights to 12 off and find out.

1 Like