Flush or not to?

Hey folks,

It’s my very first grow , it’s been very exciting job and you all been very helpful navigating me throughout the process from the beginning without you all I couldn’t make it that far.

I think I am week or two away from harvest, I want to ask you if I should start flushing now or just use water without any nutrients? I just did another feeding with tiger bloom and cal-mag and my ppm is around 700, so what you all gonna recommend in order to get most out of those buds?

Do I also need a humidifier for the drying process, my lower house level stay nice and cool so I wonder? Thank you

r

2 Likes

Even if you chose to flush before harvest, which recent studies suggest does not help, you have more than two weeks before harvest so it would be too early.

Notice the nice white pistils, they need to start turning brown and curl in back toward the bud. When that starts, it takes about two weeks to finish and you can start your flush if you want. Once all the pistils turn brown it starts about a three week harvest window. The earlier the harvest the higher the THC, but waiting increases the size of the buds.

I’m suppose to suggest that you look at trichomes under magnification when harvest window begins, watching for the trichomes to turn from clear to cloudy to amber. The percentage of change is suppose to effect the buzz, but I don’t notice. Someone always supplies a chart so you can decide what kind of buzz it is suppose to give depending on trichome color.

4 Likes

I would feed Bloom nute’s at least a couple more weeks and then go water only till finish. As mentioned you still have a few weeks to go.
Good luck

1 Like

Thanks! I knew that’s the right way from the beginning but i watched a video on YouTube where a guy was recommending the plant not to be fed with nutrients but only RO water at least 3 weeks before harvest, the point of that was that the plant should start take nutrients from the leaves not from the soil which will result to bigger buds, I wasn’t sure about that so that’s why I decide to ask you all

1 Like

Thanks! I knew that’s the right way from the beginning but i watched a video on YouTube where a guy was recommending the plant not to be fed with nutrients but only RO water at least 3 weeks before harvest, the point of that was that the plant should start take nutrients from the leaves not from the soil which will result to bigger buds, I wasn’t sure about that so that’s why I decide to ask you all

I’m going to close your other thread as it’s a duplicate of this one. Please don’t open multiple threads on the same subject as it clogs the feed and takes away from others with their own issues.

3 Likes