Fluorescent light

Can I take auto flower plant from seeds to Bud, using fluorescent lights

No. Flowering cannabis needs red spectrum. You’ll end up with a wispy plant that produces a few, airy buds. Fluorescent lights are okay for seedlings, but not much beyond that.

The best lights are usually built with Samsung LM301 series diodes. Horticulture Lighting Group, Fluence, and Gravita make the best lights for flowering cannabis. Some of the new Spider Farmer SF models are decent too.

8 Likes

Definitely need a decent light to get tight buds and fluorescents as @MidwestGuy won’t cut it. We can recommend some if you give us alittle more info in your grow space. Consider filling out the support ticket.
COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No
2 Likes

emphasized text

I would nix miracle grow off the rip. Just me. That stuff doesnt do cannabis right.

4 Likes

Simple answer…no. They don’t provide a full spectrum of light and not enough intensity for flowering plants.

Tap water is fine to use, but you need to PH the water to the medium you’re using. 6.5-7.0 for soil, 5.8-6.0 for hydro/coco.

Ya MG is not ideal for cannabis, take a look at Jack’s 321. Probably just as cost effective and super easy to use. You still have to PH the water, but with this you can use from seedling to harvest.

So in short, your current setup isn’t ideal for growing cannabis. This doesn’t mean you can’t grow good bud on a budget. If you’re going for one plant, look at a 2x2 tent kit. The Mars Hydro setup is nice and I use their tents/lights. I have a Mars Hydro TS1000 in my 2x2 tent and it works well for one plant. My other tents have bigger lights for flower and late stages of veg. Either way, there are options for lighting. Horticulture Lighting Group makes some great lights that won’t break the bank. You can get the Diablo 200 for $199, use code DUDE to get it cheaper. This would be awesome in a 2x2.

1 Like

I am growing in my apt closet, which is approx 8ft h x 23in w x 6ft long

what is wrong with Mircle grow

jacks is 20 20 20 fert

| Highwayman420
February 3 |

• | - |

caaa:

Can I take auto flower plant from seeds to Bud, using fluorescent lights

Simple answer…no. They don’t provide a full spectrum of light and not enough intensity for flowering plants.

Highwayman420:

Tap water that I put on window sill, in gallon jugs

Tap water is fine to use, but you need to PH the water to the medium you’re using. 6.5-7.0 for soil, 5.8-6.0 for hydro/coco.

Highwayman420:

low dose of miracle grow fertilizer these plants are inside

Ya MG is not ideal for cannabis, take a look at Jack’s 321. Probably just as cost effective and super easy to use. You still have to PH the water, but with this you can use from seedling to harvest.

So in short, your current setup isn’t ideal for growing cannabis. This doesn’t mean you can’t grow good bud on a budget. If you’re going for one plant, look at a 2x2 tent kit. The Mars Hydro setup is nice and I use their tents/lights. I have a Mars Hydro TS1000 in my 2x2 tent and it works well for one plant. My other tents have bigger lights for flower and late stages of veg. Either way, there are options for lighting. Horticulture Lighting Group makes some great lights that won’t break the bank. You can get the Diablo 200 for $199, use code DUDE to get it cheaper. This would be awesome in a 2x2.

Thx u Highway,

Why is everyone down on Mircle grow,??
I live in apt so room is limited, Right now I am using my closet 8ft H x 6ft long x 23 in wide.
this is just a one time growth, as I do all my growing outside.
I looked up the diablo, tried to find the dimension, I assume it is 2 ft long x w? , want to make sure it would fit in closet. the 2ft x 2ft grow area, might just make it. I tried to upload a pic of my closet? no go.

3 Likes

Wrong Jacks, this is from the website

It consists of Jack’s Nutrients Part A 5-12-26, Jack’s Nutrients Part B 15-0-0 and Epsom Salts.

This is the 321 recipe and easily found on eBay. And no need to add cal mag.

MG is time released and usually too high in nitrogen for all stages of cannabis. Plain terms: too hot for weed.

1 Like

No… just no…

And its POSSIBLE to do. Just youll more then likely end up with very airey loose buds. Also depends on the strength of said fluorescent

Miracle Grow works. Couple of outside growers around here pulling pounds with it. Problem is they are experienced and again outside. More then likely supplementing a few additional ferts.

MG is notoriously Nitrogen heavy. Like basically pure N…. What do you feed when you flip to flower and they through calcium or magnesium deficiencies? Ive never seen a MG CalMag. What fo you do week 3 of flower and u see P or K deficiency? Up the MG? Thatll end HORRIBLY.

Its just not encompassing enough to recommend someone grow weed with it, let alone do yourself. Fox Farms beats them by a mile an Id never recommend them neither.

2 Likes

Wasn’t me that wrote that lmao.

1 Like

He’s learning the forum buttons. U can see it with the emphasized text above. I applaud anyone putting in the effort to try

3 Likes

On my phone is alittle different lol. All good

As far as the lighting. You need to determine how big an area you want to grow in and how many maximum plants you wanna grow in that space. I was kinda confused first you gave the dimensions of the closet and then said 2x2.

1 Like

60 cm x 20 cm from the site I went to… sounds a bit wonky…

24 x 8 approximately… a little bit shorter

1 Like

That light Diablo would fit in my closet

since my closet is 22 in deep and 6 feet long, I can put the plants in a 2’x2 ’ area, which the light would cover correct, I will do more research on fertilizer, thx u for the heads up. for the veg state, which jack would i use, is 20 20 20 , too high, I know for the buds I need to tone down the nitrogen

1 Like

Miracle grow tends to put tons if time released nitrogen beads in near everything they make.
It’s not all ways a problem but by time your in flower you don’t need nitrogen really and by then, the little beads are breaking down and can cause issues with toxicity…
Not to mention it’s drainage is horrible…

You can absolutely grow seed to bud with any light what so ever my freind…
Autos will grow and make buds with you t12 but not quality buds.
How many watts is the t12 fixture and what bulbs are in it? How long and how many bulbs?

Search “jacks 321” it’s a 3 part mix.
Part A and part B mixed with plan old epson salt.
Just Google jacjs 321 for cannibus and you’ll get tons of info…

Pretty sure the guy from WTTGT got 2 lbs in a 5Ă—5
Using a T5 with blue bulbs
Dont think they were autos.
He keeps it simple. Gets great results.
Should check him out.

1 Like