Flowers turning purple close to harvest?

I know I just posted an autoflower trichome question, but this one is my photoperiod Strawberry Cough, grown in the same conditions at the same time, in the same room, same temp/humidity. Both photoperiods have purple coloring now, neither of the two autoflowers have purple coloring on them.

The internet says it’s due from purple anthrocyanins? Another site says it’s due to pH.

I’ve seen a lot of Strawberry Cough from dispensaries and never once saw any purple at all. Does it increase THC % or is it just aesthetic? :thinking: If it’s just aesthetic, I’m liking it. :sunglasses:

Trichomes it seems are still all clear?

3 Likes

The purple you have is genetic. Sometimes colder dark periods will trigger it. I have had a few show purple. Its cool. Some say Ph problems can cause purple stems but I get purple stems all the time and no longer worry about it. I think its just a natural part of cannabis. Kind of like tomatoes have different colors.

Also if you haven’t already harvested all those buds will get much bigger. They are not mature yet.

3 Likes

Cool. Not harvested yet. I was having cold periods in the room down to 55 F until I bought a space heater for the room that keep the temp range at 61 F to 81 F. Not sure if that’s what did it.

Loving the look of it though. Under the yellowish HPS light you can’t see it much unless you’re looking under the leaves. The entire bud is purple, not just the bottom like you can see under the light.

:astonished:

3 Likes

Yep. The cold probably triggered it.
I have had a couple northern lights turn purple and at the same time the leaves turn yellow. Its a really cool look. Ill see if I can find a pic.

2 Likes

Not as much purple on the flowers as yours.

4 Likes

Interesting. Potentially you could trigger it on purpose for looks. After 2 years of going to dispensaries, I’ve never seen purple buds like this here. Weird.

1 Like

I think cannabis grown on a commercial scale is a little more mass produced whereas your average at home grower is hitting every aspect of lighting/nutrition/climate the best possible as opposed to a giant warehouse system set up although I have seen some pretty dank purp top shelf at my local dispensaries

4 Likes

I’ve only ever seen weed that sexy on the internet. :stuck_out_tongue: Someday I’ll grow some myself. :saluting_face:

2 Likes

This is the perfect place to learn, I’m getting some purp myself on my leaf’s, AK47 ILGM Photo

5 Likes