Flowers and leaves

I don’t no if If I can calibrate it every time

no thats standard stuff

1 Like

The TDS meter you show won’t have a calibration feature. It looks similar to the one I have. If you want, you can buy a 1500ppm reference solution to make sure it is fairly accurate. Mine always reads 1508 when I put it in the solution. I’ve never had an issue with the TDS meters unless I drop them in water by accident.

https://www.amazon.com/General-Hydroponics-Calibration-Solution-Gardening/dp/B003Y3GS9C/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1541959924&sr=8-2-fkmr1&keywords=general+hydroponics+1500+pmp+reference

Here are the up and down solutions. You can buy small or large portions

https://www.amazon.com/General-Hydroponics-pH-Up-Down/dp/B005LWS5Q8/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1541959579&sr=8-5&keywords=general+hydroponics+ph+up+down

The is a 7.0 pH reference solution. I use it every time I water to make sure my pH isn’t off - the cheap pH meters drift a lot. If you buy the one you note, it will come with packets to calibrate to 4.01, 6.86, and 9.1. All I do is, if the pH on the 7.0 reference is far off, I just calibrate to the 6.86 - not ideal, but close enough for me.

1 Like

You’ve gotta be willing and ready to calibrate often with cheaper models.

I’m going to get them. As always thank ya

i have calibration solutions made up in small glass jars. i have them labeled and check my meter every time i feed and ph water

i had to go back and forth betwen the solutions and recalibrate several times, but somehow it stabilized after a bit

Ok I’m looking for a cheap different one that will calibrate

I like that I’m gonna get it right

also some meters need to stay moist or even wet when in storage. if they dry out completely they may need to soak for several hours before they can be calibrated. i always keep my in tap water, never allow your sensor to soak in deionized water it may damage it (read your package insert)

2 Likes

Ditto - I leave mine in distilled water.

1 Like

distilled water can also damage the sensor, but im sure that’s brand specific

1 Like

Thank you and I will keep that in mind.Also my leaves are changing colors and when I touch them they feel dry. Any recommends

Got some pics?

My leaves are changing colors green and yellow :cry:

i cant see anything in those pics. like i can see the plant but the colors are all wrong. can u get some more natural lighting

Ok I got To turn my light off for that

1 Like

Those bucket have drainage holes in bottom like alot right? And they really don’t look bad u need that pH tester or were all guessing bro

1 Like

Yes a lot of holes and some mesh to.I think they lacking and minerals. But I don’t no

Your plants are ok. I don’t recommend adding any nutrients until you dial in on the run-off pH and ppm. Were you able to buy or order those?