Flowers and leaves

The leaves on my Plants are turning light green on the edges

Can you forward along some pics? Also if you can fill this out it helps folks asses

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA:

Age from sprout:
Age from flower:

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

How often do I water and how do I determine when to water:

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS.

Indoor or Outdoor:

Room size:

Light system, size, height from plants:

Temps; Day, Night:

Humidity; Day, Night:

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size:

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:

Co2; Yes, No:

Any other info you think is pertinent:

I’m new to this growing part can I text you I’m in Atlanta just moved from Florida

We can’t text. Need to keep the convo in this forum. If you can fill out that ticket we can get started on the diagnosis. For starters you need a digital pH and TDS meters. PH is king and most issues for new folks are PH related and understanding the growing medium you are using.

1 Like

I was asking phone text and if you don’t want to I understand. And what is a digital pH and TDS meters? Face time me if possible

1 Like

I think it’s agaisnt the rules here to pass on private information, all convos have to stay on the forum , so no txting,phone calls, FaceTime etc

2 Likes

Hi - I can’t facetime either. It’s the forums policy. All contact will be through this forum.

Foxfarm is a “hot” soil medium. This means is comes pre-loaded with good stuff that feeds your plants. Because you are using a true soil, as opposed to a soilless medium like coco, you want the water you put on your plant to have a pH of about 6.5 (between 6.3 an 6.8) and the runoff (the water that spills out the bottom of your plant) to also be in that range. If you balance the pH, your plant will be able to unlock and eat the nutrients in the soil. Right now, with an unknown pH, you likely have some sort of nutrient lockout. The TDS meter also helps understand how much “stuff” in ppms (parts per million) is in your in your water, water/nute solution, and your runoff. You don’t want the runoff ppms to be too high (less than 1000) at this stage of the plants life.

There are folks on this site that will recommend not using any nutrients until the flowering phase with Ocean Forest. Some will recommend using only a fraction of the dosage on the fertilizers. It’s up to you what you want to do, there are pros and cons to every path. However, the key is getting the pH right first.

These are what we call cheapo pH and TDS meters from Amazon. I have found the cheap pH meters to be unreliable and need frequent calibrating, but, they are cheap.

https://www.amazon.com/Deronweer-Quality-Temperature-Digital-Blue02/dp/B07C18SP3X
https://www.amazon.com/Professional-Combines-Accuracy-Hydroponics-Aquarium/dp/B07BHK57W2/ref=sr_1_2?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1541457179&sr=8-2&keywords=deronweer+tds+meter&dpID=41EliNKkYuL&preST=_SX342_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

If you got the cash, here’s a high end one:
https://www.amazon.com/Apera-Instruments-Premium-Salinity-Tester/dp/B078NP7HG2

Please read over the information in this link and download the grow bible. It is not an overwhelming read and full of tons of tips.

The support ticket is key. Please fill it out.

3 Likes

Ok Sorry I didn’t mean any disrespect

Thank you for the Information and I’m a look into it tonight thank you so much

No disrespect taken. We are good and you’ll be on the path in no time.

1 Like

does that apera meter measure ppm or just ec? and if just ec then is that enough?

I don’t have one, but from the site, it does it all - pH, TDS or EC, and temp. It has salinity too, but I have no idea what that could do for us.

For $125 it should cook dinner, too!

1 Like

All ppm/tds/etc are derived from EC. If you get an EC meter, you’re set.

2 Likes

Lol So which one should I use

I own cheapos. You need both a pH meter and a TDS/EC meter, if you choose to got that direction. Others would recommend a higher end unit, you can see different models on Amazon. The $125 unit was just one of many pricier option, and does both pH and the EC/TDS.

Ty. I was thinking about going with the 125 one. What is cheapos

Cheap devices. If you are not budget constrained, certainly consider the more expensive, but more durable and accurate meters.

1 Like