Flowerng cycle week explenation

So I was reading that it takes 1 to 3 weeks of flowering transition so when it goes into flowering does the first week count as week one after the third week of transition or is it from the beginning of the first week of transition
So for example transition week 1,2,3. And then week of flower1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 or is it transition weeks 1,2,3 flower 4,5,6,7,8???

1 Like

Transition weeks 1 & 2.

I think it’s this;

Therefor;

Yes. The reason I say this is because tomorrow I harvest an ILGM Strawberry Kush. From the day of the switch to 12/12 to tomorrow will be exactly 9 weeks. Also, I harvested an ILGM OG Kush about a week and a half ago. For that plant it was 7.5 weeks from switching to 12/12 to harvest. In other words, I count the transition weeks as a part of the full flowering cycle.

Ok i see so in my case. The first signs of pistols was on the 13 to the 3th of sep they would be 3 weeks old rigth?

I start counting when I first see flowers

I suppose so. Keep in mind there are numerous variables that come into play with regard to flowering and duration. Length of veg time, light intensity, temperature, humidity, nutrients, etc. – all that stuff. And, any given flowering time for a specific type of plant is a general but reasonably accurate guide. Even seeds from the same batch will have some phenotypes that behave differently. Of course, harvest time is not judged solely by the number of weeks a plant has been flowering. Get a jewelers loupe and look at a guide regarding trichome condition to determine the best time to do the chop.

1 Like

Jewelers loupe and trichomes is the only way to be sure :point_up_2:t5: Listen to him. But this convo is endless. When ur growing photo periods… USUALLY… u dont see pistils until after uve forced her into a 12/12 type light period. That maybe a week after uve done it. Maybe 2 weeks. Maybe she started shooting pistils 2 weeks before u flipped to 12/12 and forced her to flower for you. Im just saying… with my auto i originally started from first pistil. Then looking back. She didnt make a ‘crown’ of pistils or start really flowering until bout a week or so later. Its… at the growers discretion like so many other things we do…

Seedlings are technically in the vegging stage (or maybe technically they are but suggestively they are) so do we start from sprout? Or do we count til a certain number of 3 fingerish ‘marijuana’ leaves start? If so how many sets? 1? 2?

Sorry for the rant. Im high. And this question made me re-edit my entire journal. And no i wanna edit it back :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Many clocks people count (from sprout, from flip, from pistols etc.). For me I base it on my nutrient schedule.

For example, mine recommends treating them as in ‘veg’ once they have their second set of true leaves, then you can start with nutrient regimens, re-potting, etc.

Veg can be as long as you want. so when you change the light cycle (for photos) that is another ‘milestone’ to track. but after the flip it takes different amounts of time for pre-flowers to pop. Once they do, that is another 'milestone"

My pistils just popped a few days ago, about a week after the flip. That date gives me a better idea of when they will be close, but I still use my nutrient schedule (week number ‘x’) based on when I flipped.

Hope that helps.

2 Likes