Flowering to Harvest timeline accuracy per strain?

Hi All,

Newbie here with 5 plants outside in NorCal- 3 Maui Wowie, 2 Chem Dog.

1 MW is in full flower entering 4th week or so.
1 MW in flower 1 week
1 MW in pre-flower ( i know where the term "late bloomer comes from now)
1 Chem Dog in week 1 of flower
1 Chem Dog in week 1 of flower

My question is this:

How Accurate are the strain descriptions when we buy seeds? I’m worried that all of my plants will not mature by mid-October as planned. I am concerned that I totally mis-judged harvest window and these things won’t be ready. One of my MW plants is still growing big-time. it’s in a 25 gal grow bag as are all my MW’s.

Any guidance is welcome! I very much appreciate this supportive community. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Are they autos

Everybody grows differently. Every grow is different.
Harvest should be based upon desired goal.
Some differences between THC and CBD supported choices.
I grow and snip at different stages (take some, leave some and tasting, learning to cure, budget concerns).

Advertisers advertise, sellers sell, and buyers buy. We are always happy with good product.
As a grower, I do make mistakes and kill some along the way. Who do I blame?
Soils, Chemicals, environmental absurdities, to name a few. Find products you can work with, trust and improve from there. Paying for good genetics sucks, but it is worth the result, if done right.
New tires cost money and I learned long ago the Bugatti does not drive well on bald tires.

2 Likes

Everybody grows at different rates. For your outdoor grow, are you constrained? I have two places in my yard that will grow concelled. One gets 3 hours direct light and one get more. Nobody gets full, yet.
Tree trimming and landscaping designs will take years, but should improve the outdoor experience.
I would like to see your plants in October.

1. When did you plant or transplant outddoors?
  2. with June -22-passed, lighted days are reducing and stalk lenght will slow.
  3. Have they preflower stretched?
  4. I wish mine looked that good.

Good growing to you.

1 Like

These plants are not auto-flower

1 Like
  1. germ’d on 3/23; potted up 4/23 transplanted 5/23 to final grow bags.
  2. ok. I topped the 1 MW about July 5, which encouraged more growth. this was an experiment to see how the plant responded
  3. yes, they have all stretched. The one MW is in the middle/end of the stretch and is almost 7 feet tall.
  4. Thanks! I’m treating these plants almost like my tomatoes, which seem to have very similar growing habits/requirements.
2 Likes

I think you’ll make it. They’ll accelerate with maturing as the season winds down.

3 Likes

Nice healthy plants, bro! Looking good! :grinning:

2 Likes

My outdoor grow hasn’t even flowered yet thats why i was wondering if you were growing autos snice you have a plant already 4 weeks into flower

3 Likes

As for how accurate the strain descriptions are, I have seen some growers lamenting that they may not even be the same STRAIN that they claim to be sending you, cause…. How would you really know? :joy::joy::joy:
So there’s that. :flushed:

2 Likes

Nice plants. Nice piece of property for growing. You’re a blessed man. :grinning:

3 Likes

My autos, started 3/3/22, are planted outside and are looking healthy. Two are over 5’ tall, one is almost 6.5’ and they still are not flowering! White Widow, Bubble Gum, AK, Bruce B. I purchased the seeds from here so I’m sure they are autos. Is there anything I can do to push them to start flowering?

2 Likes

Welcome , mid October that would be about 9 more weeks I think plants should be close with your plants already in flowering stage. Good luck :v:

2 Likes

The harvest “timeline” is contained in the plants DNA. Seed sellers can only give general guidelines. They will always lean toward listing the shortest time to harvest due to market perception. Then there is the wide range of variables; light schedules, DLI, nutrition, environment (temp/ RH) , water pH, training (LST, topping, super cropping) soil drainage etc… Then, the harvest “window” which opens when the buds just reach maturity with many clear trichomes still, to the point where the trichomes have turned 50% or more to amber weeks later.
Experience with your favorite strain in your favorite soil using your favorite light schedule, nutes, training methods is the only way to tell. And even then you can get genetic oddities.

2 Likes

Sounds like you got photo period seeds must autos flower between 5 and 7 weeks then usually about 10 weeks of flower and done.

2 Likes

Yeah, I thought the first MW was early. I only use water and just gave them my tomato and rose organic bloom food. Literally growing these things like tomatoes.

1 Like

Thanks. I waited 58 years to be able to grow a pot plant!

5 Likes

Yes, feminized seeds from here for the Chem Dog and Nirvana for the MW

3 Likes

My USA tomatoes look sick. My 2015-2019 MCASIWAJA tomatoes were notable and plentiful, for sharing.

1 Like