Flowering Time 12/12- 11/13- 10/14

Switched to 12/12 about a week ago. If I go to 13 hrs. darkness will my WW fem finish faster?
Unfortunately they must be cut down 60 days from today, for reasons beyond my control.
That will mean only 67 days in a flower light schedule. Can they finish? Any ideas? Thanx.

I’m not sure what strain , but they could finish or be close to finishing , but it’s no magic light cycle to make them finish faster , it will finish in time when its ready …hope this helps .

Yoshi, the strain is “jet star” did you even read the post? Thanks for your help, I have learned a lot from you over the past few months. Gear up!

Mac-Wood. Your thoughts???

I do 11 off , 13 on as well , I have a powerful XTE Led light from advance the 350 in a 2x2x5 , my last two grows finished 10 days earlier from the first week I switch to flower . So if you have very intense lights and set at the right height and it penetrates the canopy , I say it’s very possible , but again I’m no expert or technical guy , I just like growing them , it’s therapeutic and keeps busy .

4 Likes

747Rasta,

Nothing changes unless you set the plant into bloom. Plants will sleep in the dark or light. Their growth pattern does not change, a plant can only produce so much foliage before needing to shut down and re-energize. So even at a 24/0, 20/4, 18/6, 16/8 light schedule, the plant will shut down and start up again once he/she is ready to wake back up. Again, thats’ once said plant has set a schedule for itself to survive. The only real time that we control a plant is when we feed or change the life cycle from Vegetative to Bloom. Outside of that all plants are living, they eat, breathe and grow at their own pace, not ours."

Hope This Helps

B Safe
Will

1 Like

Sorry Yoshi, By shortening the light photo period; We can finish plants faster.

747Rasta,

You are dead on! :slight_smile: If you are at a 12/12 photo period, and want to finish the plant faster; You van shorten the light cycle to 11/13, 10/14, and so on.

2 Likes

Thanx Wood, now that I’ve confirmed my theory how will a 10\14 affect the outccome?

Sorry, new here and this question may not relate directly to this post. My question is, once the plant starts to flower in its early stages, can the process be reversed back to the vegetative stage if I bring them inside? Planted a couple plants the beginning of August outside and they are doing nicely, but small, only 10-12" high. Due to seasons beginning to change I probably don’t have enough daylight or warm weather to create much of a yield. Can I bring them inside and get them back on a longer light schedule to delay or stop the flowering process, or will I ruin the plant? Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

1 Like

yes you can being them in and do 24/0 light schedule to go back to veg.

Thanks for the info, how long should I stay with the 24/0 schedule and should I gradually cut back to an 18/6 schedule then?

I’m with hillcrest, you sure can.

B Safe
Will

1 Like

How much of a difference in time when you go from 12 to 10 hours. Would you do this in a gradual transition?

No, just do your 12/12 then when ready just flip to 10/14

No big deal

Will

Is there a trade off going from 12-10 hours of light, example; Quality vs Quantity? What is the flower time difference?

When you flip from 12/12 to 10/14 youonly make them finish quicker and you very well in crease you yeild.

Will

If you flower on a 10/14 schedule from the beginning, absolutely it will reduce your yield. How much is hard to say, but the simple fact is, less light hours means less energy for developing the buds.

happy growing,

MacG

1 Like

Makes sense. Thanks MacG

This is what I do , I start on 12/12 first 2 weeks in flower , now if the strain is a sativa , I increase my dark time by 2 hours each week through out flower until I get to 10/14 make sense . Now this is nothing magical , it’s something I do as I learn of what works best for me , and I have seen a difference in trichomes production doing this , but it’s nothing magical that it’s like some secret . From what I’ve read in tons of articles , Roberts and many other growers , extended dark periods can help resin production in some strains , and also trigger early flowering in sativa’s . But it’s a matter of choice , not a method of growing . MacG has the degree , he would know what technically we should do in growing , and his instructions and wisdom will not lead you wrong , but as Cowboys and Indians , there are some renegades who go against science to say which shouldn’t be said , I’m one of them , because growing is a matter of choice . Now if you new here listen to MacG , and get a few grows under you before you go to doing other things , but remember it’s all on your expense budget . You cannot grow cheap , and expect the best quality buds , you have to spend a lot to get a little !!!

1 Like