Flowering starting during veg?

I made the mistake of ordering from Dutch seed shop. After reading the bad reviews I promptly contacted them to cancel my order. Surprisingly, they were prompt about getting back with me and actually cancelling the order, which was 10+10 fem. AK-47 seeds. I got the seeds anyway and never got billed, which I consider really lucking out! Anyway, I tried about 8 or 10 of the seeds and only 1 popped, and now it is around 25-30 days since crack, the plant looks as though it’s starting to flower while still in veg. I’m trying to figure out how to post up a pic and will do so when I am successful. :grinning:

3 Likes

Whenever you hit the reply button there’s an arrow on the bottom right corner click it and I’ll bring up your pictures

Thank-you Hogmaster, it was right under my nose! Happy holiday!

By the way, I am growing in a 4x4 tent with 2 1200W Cob LED lights, 5 gal. fabric pots full of Happy Frog,

1 Like

Looks like pre-flowers she’s ready to switch. My pineapple chunk was doing that but I topped and continued to veg. Unless it’s an auto you should be able to keep vegging I believe.

Ok, thanks! I am waiting on a tad more growth out of my OG Kush before I go 12/12 on 'em. I didn’t plan my variety grow but nevertheless I have growing in my 4x4 tent the AK47, 1 OG Kush, 1 C99 and one Girl Scout Cookie(or so I was told). the GSC was the only clone, the rest being seed. So having the 1 Indica dominate OGK in with the Sativa dominates kinda slows my progress a little.

2 Likes

The C99 a couple days ago.

The alleged Girl Scout Cookie yesterday.

The OGK yesterday.

3 Likes

Damn if i had that many plants it would be so clogged haha. But Yup just keep on the 18/6 and you’re golden. @hoosierdaddy

Oh yeah forgot to mention just don’t go to long or you might run out of head room because sativas strech a lot in flower I believe. @hoosierdaddy

Better view of my modest setup…

. I did some modest pruning on the tallest ones.

3 Likes

@hoosierdaddy,

Frist I want to Welcome you to ILGM.

See the little arrow 7th from the left just click it and it will take you to your files.
And tag me so that I can follow your plants

Will joint

[quote=“garrigan65, post:10, topic:19079, full:true”]
@hoosierdaddy,

Frist I want to Welcome you to ILGM.

See the little arrow 7th from the left just click it and it will take you to your files.
And tag me so that I can follow your plants

Will

@garrigan62 Thanks for the welcome!

Welcome to ILGM! Looks like you got a great start. Tag anyone one of us if you have any questions. If that person doesn’t know, then we tag someone else. Happy growing.

@Covertgrower Thanks! I have been a longtime reader of posts here which really helped me get to the point I’m at now in my growing. This is my second grow and I feel way more confident about everything than I did the first time around. I topped all but the OG and can’t believe how they took off after that! Just wished I would have started the OG a little earlier so it would be ready for 12/12 like the others. Oh well, live and learn. I am trying to narrow down a favorite strain or two and then grow mass quantities, but in the meantime it’s fascinating to see how different one strain grows from another. Last year I grew White Cookies and Purple Kush and was pretty happy for a first grow!

I think this is where I’m at as well. I started growing for my migraines and a stress reliever for the Mrs. I haven’t found my strain yet, so I developed a small collection. The other reasons I need to find what works best for my migraines. White widow didn’t help, but Mrs Covertgrower enjoyed it.
I loved OG Kush, and it worked for my head. I enjoyed growing it, and most remained short so I could grow a lot more in a small space. I liked it so much, I ordered Fire OG from the sale. Fire OG is basically two very strong OG Kush parents bred together to get a very strong offspring. Then they renamed the strain. It looks to be very promising. I’ll be following along for sure.

1 Like

I am excited to try the OG Kush! Also can’t wait to try the Cindy99 as well. My original plan was to find an Indica dominate and a Sativa dominate strain to ‘specialize’ in and from everything I’ve heard about those two strains, I’m pretty pumped for harvest time! I was thinking about putting a few outdoors but last year I lost one from spider mites so I’m a little paranoid. My love for the plant outweighs the paranoia, however, so it’s likely I will.

1 Like

Consider yourself lucky that you can. The rainforest here will give you mold issues. @hoosierdaddy

1 Like

Well, by the time the short OG Kush is ready to flower I’ll be bending the Sativa’s down to it’s level! LOL. I’m surprised how much the Cinderella 99 grows like an indication!

1 Like

I had one out of 10 Jacks do that too, it started flowering on the longest days of the year in June! You can’t determine what genetics are gonna do, the rest were normal and had good yields, the oddball was a scraggler with very long one bladed leaves (ugly duckling) but still produced a somewhat smokeable product.

I’ve learned not to care for scragglers and to kill them the moment I notice when adverse anomalies are prevalent, like hermaphrodites, genetic misprints, and so on.

1 Like

Just switched to 12-12 to commence flowering. Might have to grow OG only next one…

The ladies are really filling out, this being the 4th day of flowering!

1 Like