Flowering Stage Autos

Hey all! First time grower. These have been flowering for about 3-4 weeks now. Coming up on 8 weeks since sprouting in soil. Autoflowers and no nutrients used for this first run. Just curious on how these look to be progressing.

4 Likes

@Kmvb8787 Hi there. please wait til pics get 100% loaded, then hit reply button

1 Like

5 Likes

Those look real nice. Seems to be on track. Good growing…

2 Likes

Great job, no Nutes in week 8 very impressive. Keep it up

1 Like

Could the small light source or light height be causing them to grow tall/skinny rather then a little shorter and more full?

3 Likes

More knowledgeable people please correct if I’m completely wrong … @Kmvb8787 I’m new to growing and it’s also my first grow but from what I’ve read and all plus help from others I’d say they stretched because of the light both size and height. I went with a HLG 320w lite in my 2x4 tent (dimmed it down for seedlings & still only running at 2/3’s power). I have my light 23" from to of plant canopy. I put my seed in soil on the 28th so about 3 & 1/2 weeks ago. This is one of my auto Blueberries right now. I fimmed it on the 19th and pruned two fan leaves yesterday to open up the shoots underneath them. My nodes are probably 1/2" to 1" apart. From what I’ve read stretching can be caused by not enough light, light to far away and also if there is too big of temp difference between day and night temps

1 Like

Thanks! I’ve had my light pretty high throughout so that’s what I was thinking too.

1 Like

Their looking good though! Mine are just starting preflowering now. I know they stretch out also during flowering as they hit a big pickup in growth :+1: So stretching during the flowering stages are normal. It’s the stretching before flowering during the veg state that causes weaker skinny stalks that will need to be supported during flowering to insure the stems and stalk doesn’t break off under the weight of the buds. There are some great topics about lighting to check out. The ILGM e-books was a big help to me also. For me as my 1st grow, any plant that makes it till the end with no major issues is a success lol I’ll be watching your progress. Happy Growing

1 Like

I found the books helpful as well! Tried to keep this first grow as simple as possible. I did do a few different things as far as pot size, time of transplant to bigger pots. Started one inside a red cup and the others in 1 gallon pots. Definitely going to get into a nutrient schedule next grow and see how it goes. Been a fun grow though!!

1 Like

Yes. I planted mine all straight in the 3 gallon cloth pots in the Fox Farm Ocean Forest medium so I never had to transplant.

Anyone have an estimate on the amount of time left to harvest? On week 9 since planting in soil.

1 Like

How’s your temperature fluctuation? I don’t grow autos but most of the time I have trouble with poor lighting the stretching causes the plant to fall way before this stage, but it could be that. Intermodal spacing can be a function of daytime and nighttime temps being too far apart on photos, I’m assuming autos have some sort of similar function but someone correct me if I’m wrong. There’s only a couple trichs really in focus on that picture but they look clear-ish still from what I can see. I usually wait until I see a few amber trichs on the nugs (but not 10-20% like a lot of people say), then it’s harvest week. Everyone has their own method of determination for that.

I think the stretching is definitely how my lighting was set up. My temps stay between 60-70f. The humidity is been tougher to control and has been ranging from 53% - 75% due to the room/location I live In. With the weather changing, starting to stay more in the 55% - 65%. Been using AC unit in the room the tent is in to help keep temps the same and humidity lower.

Usually for autos I have found the ones I have grown are about a 100 days approx from seed pop to chop. I do not know alot but I think you are going to need a bigger board for that footprint of space you got to produce the buds you are looking for. Leaves look dark bold rich. Very nice color. Fox Farm is great for the new growers like myself.

Hey everyone, should I be concerned with some leads changing color during this stage? About 5 weeks into flowering.