Flowering please help!

This plant started flowering on January 20 2022 I’ve had a lot of people tell me I’m letting it go to long please help it’s my first grow and it’s getting close I know but the buds are not big really maybe 3 inches may be the biggest one

6 Likes

Your plant is begging for more light.

Cannabis is generally ripe after 8 to 12 weeks from when flowering started.

4 Likes

@Joey4thegrow do you have a higher magnification image of your trichomes…just by days probably not but you never know

3 Likes

That’s what I thought but I got them all around above and under :joy:

1 Like

The 2021 Updated ILGM Suppot Ticket

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not kow, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
-Age of plant
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
-Vessels: Type and capacity of container (fabric, plastic, etc)
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
-Method used to measure PH and TDS
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
-Light system List brand and wattage/spectrum
-Actual wattage draw of lights
-Current Light Schedule
-Temps; Day, Night
-Humidity; Day, Night
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
-Co2; Yes, No

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution
-Amount of air to solution

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

2 Likes

And the mirror is strictly so she did ent think she was alone :shushing_face:

I don’t :disappointed_relieved:

Not trying to be funny or anything… You do have a bunch of lights but none of them look to be very strong and they are pretty far from your plants. I’d use the back of my hand and get them as close as heat will allow.

3 Likes

I agree that plant needs more light. If nothing else move your light closer. :blush::v:

3 Likes

From the picture they look very far away. If they are that far they are doing no good.

2 Likes

I had one big spider 1000w but it seem to make the plant yellow and spotty so I went and got a bunch of little lights to go everywhere bad ideas tho ??? Please let me know what you would do or think :thinking: I can do to help her

Move the lights closer. And fill out the support ticket I pasted above.

If you have a spider farm use it. Start on lowest setting and work your way up. A light should not cause spots so you have something else going on there. Use the support ticket and we can help. Honestly your real close to the end of your grow so Im not sure much can change it now. 10- 12 weeks in flower is common without trichome pictures it’s hard to tell where you’re at… natural lighting might help us see. Your plant still has white hairs so you’re definitely not there yet.
Btw I believe the SF is a 100 watt which is decent for one plant more plants less yield

3 Likes

From 2/20/22 to today 3/6/22 is only 45 days, a little over six weeks. Like @MidwestGuy said, flower stage usually takes 8 to 12 weeks. This depends on strain and other factors.
In any case you have four good weeks for the flowers to develop.
If lots of people are telling you they are ready, you need to listen to / find more reliable and informed advisors.
The advice about lowering your lights is also one you should take. Look at the distance between one set of leaves (branches) to the next. There is too much space and the flowers will have a hard time joining up and forming colas. There is a good chance the lights are underpowered or at the minimum hung at the wrong height. Which leads me to the next point. Compare this plant which was trained using LST to yours. I encourage you to learn and apply the very basic concepts of the technique.
the photo is from dutch passion blog on using LST to improve yields.

After my first grow I became a proponent of low and high stress training and getting the best lights I could afford.

4 Likes

Since you do have some time, add your 100W into the mix, and crank it up over the next several days. She’s trying very hard to find more light, instead of putting that energy into flowering.

Good luck!

3 Likes

Very bad idea. You have a decent light so use it.

That was probably her saying good amount of light. Now could you give me some more nutes especially potassium.
Can’t be for certain without that support ticket.

1 Like

@Joey4thegrow You have been receiving great advice from these folks.
Just to give you another example that speaks to the need for more light and learning to train your plants to take advantage of the light here are a couple of photos for you. Each of us will get different results but the age and time from the start of flower is what you should look at.

Here is a Blue Haze photo-period plant on the first day of flower, 10 days after flipping:

And here is the same plant about two weeks later:

I have plenty of light and use LST and a SCROG to maximize my plants potential with the setup that I have.
Edit: This plant is at least a month from harvest, more likely 5 or 6 weeks to go.

2 Likes

You only been flowering 6 or so weeks, you have a ways to go

2 Likes

I had a similar Bestva 1500w (200w draw) and had to have it less than 2 feet away! If you can get the Photone app for your phone bring the light to around 30-40 DLI. If on apple will have to pay a buck or two and Android is still free I believe. Well worth the cost tho!

1 Like