Flowering for Chocolope

Hi all,
I have a question concerning flowering time for Chocolope. I have read anywhere from 8 to 10 weeks to 12 to 14 weeks. I know there are a lot of savvy growers here, so I hope someone can clarify this for me. Thank you very much.
Best regards
Eastcoastbud57

1 Like

magnifyingglass-lotoya-jackson

Gotta watch them trichomes. Thats the best advice i can give. All plants have weird genetics from my limited experience and you just gotta look at the fancy parts to figure out if they’re “ready”!

And welcome back btw! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Thank you. Appreciate the welcom. I will be watching the trichomes. I was just trying to get an idea of what i’m looking at time wise.

1 Like

Well, it depends on the high you want!

Id say 8 is on the low end to start looking deep

I’d have too agree with that. I’m kinda thinking 10 to 12 weeks. I don’t like my trich’s to turn to amber. Being a Sativa, I want an uplifting high.

By the way, I like the spyglass lady. Is that you? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I grew it last year @eastcoastbud. Was one of the very last to finish. I didn’t keep good records last year so couldn’t say for sure but I’d guess 12-14 weeks. I have a monster Chocolope this year. She’s not even starting to flower and its almost August. I’m only worried because she is starting to attract attention 8+ feet tall now

2 Likes

So, it all depends on how its worded. If it says flowering time 8-10 weeks. That means that it will take 8-10 weeks after the flowering stage has begun, regardless of how long it was vegging.

If it reads 8-10 weeks from seed. Or 8-10 weeks seed to harvest. That means 8-10 weeks after sprouting.
Below is a chart that helps me choose when to harvest.

Welcome back to the community, and good luck on your grow!

1 Like

Hey @Docnraq I just realized Chocolope might be the perfect strain for the Valley of the Sun. 90% Sativa genetics Long photo period, loves the heat and sun, long flower. Even in Nov down there its warm and mostly dry.

I still have some family down there, If I ever end up living there again Choco will be the star of my garden.

2 Likes

Im looking forward to outdoor grows here in AZ. Everybodys outdoor plants always look amazing!

2 Likes

Haha no. Last time i checked im not Latoya Jackson :laughing:

I don’t envy you living in the valley except for the fact you can grow almost year round. an attached to your house green house with southern exposure and a little extra lighting would make for some sweet grows

1 Like

Yeah it can be pretty unforgiving here. I have lived here 3 times. I get here, my life falls apart then I have to move. Not this time though, been here almost 10 years now. I wasnt interested in owning a house until they legalized cannabis. Now I need a house and a yard!

2 Likes

f5eJVqbtOSuvJk9Ww5
l1J9urAfGd3grKV6E

I have two Chocs growing outdoors now. Hubs loves Sativas. I gave away another to a friend.

1 Like

Thank you all for the awesome welcome back. I forgot to mention my girl is an indoor grow. It appears many of you grow outside. I envy you. I’m from a non-weed friendly state.

1 Like

Wow VF thats awesome. How big Around is she? Thanks for the input. If your girl finished late, i’m figuring around the 12 week mark as a rough estimate. It’ll help with feeding schedules and flush.

1 Like

She’s a beast, I’ll try to post a pic after her haircut today.

Here she is @eastcoastbud

After her trim