Flowering, Cobweb mold, Spider Mites

Is it worth saving this plant? What should i do now? I’ve lost 2 ( 4 months old ) already, imma just bounce from the growing scene in all. Learning everything the hard way LOL. :pensive:

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)

• White Widow, Ministry of Cannabis

-Age of plant

• 20 Weeks

-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF

• Hydroponics

-Vessels: Type and capacity of container (fabric, plastic, etc)

• 80 Litre reservoir

-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)

• PH 6, PPM 1200

-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
+PPM 1200 using flowering nutes

-Method used to measure PH and TDS

• PH pen (HANNA), TDS (Local brand pen) both digital

-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space

• Indoor (2 by 2 feet)

-Light system List brand and wattage/spectrum

• KingBrite 240 W Samsung LM301H mix Epistar 660nm Red KingBright Pre-assembled LED Grow Light

-Actual wattage draw of lights

• I dont know

-Current Light Schedule

• 12/12

-Temps; Day, Night

• 32 Deg C, 28 Dec C

-Humidity; Day, Night

• 90 Percent Avg. always

-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

• No

-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

• No

-Co2; Yes, No
+No

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?

• Ebb and FLow

-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
+N/A

-Temperature of reservoir

• 18 to 20 Deg C

-TDS of nutrient solution
On July 90 PPM was 1300

-Amount of air to solution

• I dont know, 3x air pump which bubbles 24/ 7

First up im thinking of buying a de-humidifier.

4 Likes

Before you give up may I suggest an easier way? You have everything to grow. I would go to a living soil. Water only mostly. Few nutrient issues. Almost none. No testing everything. Store the hydro for a grow or 2. Get it down and comfy. Then when you have a good take on what they want break out that hydro for 1 plant. Have your others going and learn on the 1. Just a suggestion. Dont give up before you succeed. Hydro growers will chime in on your issues. I only know soil. Your humidity is far out of range.

7 Likes

Hey there bud, from the information you posted i think grow environment is your biggest factor here man. If your humidity is at 90% thats the perfect growing conditions for mold and fungus and especially when in flower you want your humidity somewhere between 30%-40%. Hows your circulation? Would def add a dehumidifier and some fans before the next grow as you stand a chance of this reoccuring if these issues go unchecked. I would also try for a exhaust system as well as it allows you to rapidly adjust your tent enviornment. Hope this helps growmie stick it out man its a wonderful hobby to get into and every 1 of has stumbled on a grow at some point.

6 Likes

In flower your humidity needs to be between 40/50% brother

Definitely would get a dehumidifier! 90% humidity is asking for problems. I run my humidity at 40% during flowering, along with 3 fans

1 Like

I second the living soil. Very easy, and you get a quality product. Just get some happy frog, mix in some perlite and fox farm fruit and flower 4-9-3 per the instructions on the package. Then top dress with the fruit and flower after about 6 weeks. Then once a month after that if necessary, and that’s it. I also mix some worm castings in when I’m filling my pots. I bought some bio thrive bloom I use a little of in flower, but not sure I’d it’s necessary.

2 Likes

@Storm great advice brother, nice!

A oscillating that blows air around my 8x8 grow room. No exhaust but it does have open windows, its actually an outhouse that no one uses.

Do i still need an exhaust?

I got a few clones off this plant, maybe i can give them a good life.

1 Like

Thankyou brother, thing is its the growing environment i gotta fix. The mini Dehumidifiers have no sensors to control % of humidity in the water and the large dehumidifiers … are hella expensive but ill have to make do somehow.

Such a learning curve.

1 Like

Given how high the humidity is, I would have an exhaust also. Just the fan and ducting, you don’t need a filter if you’re not worried about the scent. Even with the open windows, you need something to remove the air quickly. I have two exhausts on my tent - more for heat control than for humidity - one goes outside, the other vents into the room my tent is in.

If you clone, I’d plant into either coco or the living soil route mentioned above.

Good luck and don’t give up. You’ll get it dialed in properly in time.

First it was spider mites, so i drenched them in neem oil and soap water solution, next thing up is cob web mold, sad thing is those would have been some fat buds. LOL

1 Like

Haha I feel your pain brother, I had spider mites twice on my forbidden runtz, had to harvest her a week or two early because the second time they came back in force with attitude :rofl: decided it wasn’t worth treating her so late in flower and risking my sileedlikgs in the same tent, to get your humidity down, leave the tent open, just one side of it where the door is, that’s what I do, and make sure you can keep the room dark and cool, have fans blowing around the grow room and the tent, and also point one of the fans at the top of the tent blowing out the holes so it blows hot air out if you know what I mean @N00b

1 Like

Hey there bud 1 oscillating fan for that big of a grow space wont be sufficent, its best to have multiple spaced out around the room, for an 8x8x8 i would have atleast 3 oscillating fans on the ground and some clip on fans spread out above the canopy.As for exhaust in your space would say it definitely wouldnt hurt i would just try and seal the grow space up as much as possible to keep out pests. A dehumidifier is def recommended tho but it may raise the temperature of the room, so food for thought. Hope that helps growmie.

1 Like

Sounds like the environment is like outdoors but with just enough structure to hold humidity. I had huge mold and rot issues when I tried to grow on a porch that was open but I had a plastic cover loosely over the plant.

Aka: “the Borg”, they are relentless and require a “scorched earth” response to eradicate them especially if infestation is bad enough to see webs.

2 Likes

There’s only one plant in it right now, the fan oscillates right above it, now i’ve angled it so that the plant gets direct air throw, did get a the Humidity down around the plant to about 80%. The de-humidifier is on the way though.

Someone needs to tell me how to eradicate mites.

1 Like

I was thinking about getting a C02 generator, to suffocate the critters. Now my clones have webs too OUCH!

Im gonna keep spraying neem oil and soap for a weeks to come, but then again im looking for a nuclear bomb too, i think predatory mites is the way to go. And i have to get them shipped to the middle east from the US. Problems problems problems.

My garden could use the help from predatory mites too!

All I used was Dr Bronners Castile soap, and water, I used 2-3 teaspoons of the castile soap and rest water in a spray bottle, sprayed the ass off them, but it doesn’t kill the eggs, I was in latenflower too so I had to be careful not to soak the buds

1 Like

Hey there bud, Diatomaceous Earth should also help get rid of and prevent mite populations as well. I will say tho neem oil sprays are good and should be done every 2 weeks as a prevenative measure as well before an issue appears if these critters are a problem in your area. Also, Like you said you can also use the food web to introduce predatory species and that along with spraying and diatmacceous earth should help substatially as well. Last thing i would loke to say is pests typically go for plants that are sick and diseased or the environment has been built for them to thrive and multiple. Once you have your environment tuned in theres lless lkkelihood of pests being an issue as theres an ecosystem in the soil that helps manage pests as well.The plant is effectivly able to fight off pests to an extent as well, theres really good articles out there on how healthy plants can "candy"these insects because of how they digest sugar and posion them with the sugars they make. Hope that helps bud keep it up a few more hurtles and you got this!

1 Like

I’m afraid you would be pissin’ in the wind. You could not get concentrations high enough to make them uncomfortable even.
I used Capt Jacks Deadbug and insecticidal soap spray, soaking the plant every night for several days. Mine were not real bad but they were visible even though no webs.

1 Like

I thought i had to soak the buds aswell as the leaves, little did i know the excess moisture would increase cobweb mold. Lol

These critters showed up in the freaking flowering phase, it’s kind of a lose lose situation unless you use predatory mites or other methods of eradication.

1 Like