Flowering and watts

More of a flowering question, so kept it out of the lighting section. So I have a few plants going, the 4 under the HLG’s are 6ft and thriving…I had left over kit and pieced it together with an old TS600 I had laying around…vegged fine, 2’ tall and edge to edge in the 2x2. I’m 4 weeks into flower and my other plants in the “good” tent are huge with bushy flowers…the 2x2 is still small, no flowering spurt yet, and just now looks like a flowering week 2 plant, you know with the neon green centers on the bud sites? lots of white hairs so know it is in stage. I replaced the light with an HLG 100 a week ago and noticed an improvement. Will adding in the TS600 be a waste as in too much? trying to get up around 40w per sqft and thinking the 25w right now isnt enough to give it the boost it needs

If you have a decent smart phone download ppfd for Android or photone for iphone, use a makeshift defuser like paper or coffee filter.
That way you can measure your dli. Video explains.

Although either light should flower a 2x2 by itself. Don’t see why the hlg would need help. But there are plenty who add extra light beyond what dli calls for too.

2 Likes

HLG has a lumens to PPFD conversion chart on their website, but it won’t do you a whole lot of good for measurements with the other light since the spectrum of it will be different.

1 Like

Try some maths. Even if you just measure lux, will give an idea quickly what the two together will do. I can access lux reading through phone sensors on my phone with device info app. So it’s already set up to measure lux. But this is device specific. Screenshot_20210429-155718_One UI Home

If you can get the ts600 in and maintain environmentals i would do it. Hlg-100 is just barely big enough to be considered good for 2x2.

2 Likes

thanks, thats what I was thinking…based on what i am running in my 2x4, its about half lol

There are number of growers around here with 3x3 that run 2x HLG 260s. Some even more.
I have two lights in my 3x3 and they max out at 450w.

2 Likes

thanks beardless, the 1000+600 are in there (2x2) now, ~50w sqft, temps rose (of course) so popped another vent open and maxed out the fan and all good! on a side note i have 3 HLG135’s in the 2x4 (one per plant) and they rockin, the sativa actually hit the top of my 6’ so had to lean them over…tight node spacing as well and looking like thick colas…loving those lights!

1 Like