Flowering Additives

So I have several great indoor soil grows under my belt now, and I want to start playing around with flowering additives. Im in the first week of flower with a White Cookie scrog. I’ve always just stuck with the 3 part General Hydroponics and some CalMag if needed.

Any pointers? Are they really necessary? So many to choose from. Thanks in advance.

White Cookie
1st week of flower

This was my last and first ever scrog grow. Was very happy with it. Animal Cookie. Harvest Day

6 Likes

Great looking plants! There are some PK Boosting products available, fox farms makes some that work well. Cha-ching can’t remember the corresponding additives that go with that right now. It’s a powder nutrients that is water solvable. I’ve had great results with them.

1 Like

Looks like my last GSC-X. Same color change at the tops of the cola from light.

Epsom salts is a decent additive (1/2 teaspoon per gallon) to increase aromatics. You can run that all the way through veg and flower although I just started mine in flower. Tried various additives and the best thing I’ve seen is modest nutrient schedule with great lights and environmentals.

Not an additive per se but I use Flora Kleen, Armor Si is an important one to help strengthen the plant etc. In veg I like to use a dash of Superthrive. Other growers subscribe to other lines.

1 Like

Some others are dry KoolBloom , Big Bud , even Scotts Super Bloom work good and it’s cheap too. Nice colors on those cookies , like M&M chocolate chip .

2 Likes

So are they all basically PK boosters…just under different colorful labels?

2 Likes

Epson salt huh? I may have to try this.

1 Like

Thanks. I was proud of that grow. Great smoke too!

The Liquid Kool Bloom is a high P, K boost. The Flora Nectar is sugars and other stuff. The Flora Blend is plant extracts. Humic acid from soil. Fulvic acid from who knows where haha.

2 Likes

Thanks for the clarification. There’s always more to learn. Looking forward to fine tuning every aspect of the grow.

2 Likes

Yes just PK boosters under odd names.

So after browsing through a plethora of options. I chose a smaller cheaper option to test it out. I decided to try the Cha-Ching by Fox Farm. Also remember @Covertgrower suggesting it.

My question now is do I use it on it’s own, or combined with my regular nutrient?

1 Like

You can combine it with other nutrient lines however remember that your NPK ratios do add up mathematically.

1 Like

Mixing nutrient lines is done (I do it) but needs to be done with some thought. It makes everything harder to mix and match. If you are going to use any of the FF trio you should probably just use all of them: Open Sesame and Beastie Bloomz. If doing that I would discontinue the GH.

My suggestion remains: Liquid Koolbloom in modest amounts.

2 Likes

I hear you loud and clear. @Myfriendis410
That was my lack of knowledge … the Open Sesame and Beastie Bloomz were right there next to it on the shelf. I had not even considered that it would be a three part nutrient.

I had actually looked for the liquid koolbloom, but it was bot available at this shop. I will either find another source for the koolbloom or go back and get the other two parts.

Thanks again for your input.

2 Likes

You should be fine and those are good products. The flower will be nice and smooth.

1 Like