Flower to vape juice

After a bad harvest I was able to get some vape carts and I love them. So now I want to make them for myself. After tons of reading I found 10 million ways to do it and they are all swirling in my head making it to confusing. My plan now is to hit the vape so hard I forget everything I read and learn from people I know have done it.
I plan on this but could be totally wrong.
Starting with 30 grams of flower I will decarb first.
Next wet with vg and heat in double boiler for 50 min.
Let cool and strain.
Re wet and run again then strain into first run.
At this point is all I need to do is add pg a little at a time to get the right thickness?
It sounds really simple and I hope it is. I prefer edibles as it helps my pain the most but vape is great for PTSD.

1 Like

I do alcohol wash then strain it through coffee filter to get all plant matter out. Usually takes 3-4 strains. Then cook alcohol off in a double boiler. Once all alcohol is out you are left with the oil. I then mix about 2 grams of the oil with wax liquidizor. You heat the mixture either in microwave for about 8 seconds at a time stirring, back in microwave another 8 seconds and stir again until completely mixed. Now you are ready to fill your cartridges. @blackthumbbetty or I both have thread on how to do the alcohol extraction

2 Likes

I have never got good results with the peg oil the way i got mine to work was to basically make rick Simpson oil and cut with terpins or a wax liquidizer but not all of them are good i would get it mixed but in a week it would seperate i found floraplex terpins website helped me make a good working batch their website has a calculator to give you exact amounts hop this helps you

1 Like

You are going to have much better results using an alcohol extraction. Less chlorophyll to start and doing alcohol at low temps you will recover the terpenes without cooking them. The act of vaping will decarb the vapor so not really necessary and will taste much better.

2 Likes

Ethel alcohol wash filtered with a Buchner filter.

Then its closed loop extracted," cant use brand of machine, not sponsored here’. There’s about $30 in solvent I don’t want to buy again.
It boils off alcohol at 109f

and you end up with this

Then you need a “wax liquefier” and end up cartridge oil

1 Like

Can you press rosin and mix that with the VG? I tried it but having such a high tolerance, so I can’t tell if it works. I am trying to make some for a friend with MS. Weed works for her but smoking flower makes her cough too much.

Get on YouTube and look up both wax liquidizor and farm to vape. I believe one of those says yes you can use pressed rosin

1 Like

That is what I do, alcohol extraction

1 Like

So after I get the concentrate is all I need is the wax Liquidizer or to I still need to get vg

Its up to you what you like. The true terps or PG. I used both, im still learning works best of me.

1 Like