Flower Stretch - When should I flip

Was hoping to get some advice on when to flip to flower.

I have 56" from soil to bottom of light. Running 2 315watt CMH. So, if I want to keep them 16" below the lights it gives me 40". I’m growing Indica which I understand to stretch less in flower. Should I still figure double in size or not that much. I was going to flip when they hit about 24" inches but not sure if I should flip sooner.

They have been in veg for almost 9 weeks. With a little LST I have taller one at about 18" and the smaller one 15".

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

@jetlag @forcedinduction @Nicky @Hellraiser

4 Likes

Is it a pure indica or hybrid??? I’ve had plants from same purchase double in size and another barely stretch at all.

1 Like

One northern lights and one og kush.

@emgoldslo Definitely tagging this post! I have some stunted girls I am trying to get back to good health before flipping.

1 Like

Keep training (LST type) through the first couple of weeks after flipping and you should be fine.

4 Likes

Sativas can stretch 45%
Also remember you need a distance from your canopy to the light in order to ensure good coverage.

1 Like

Flip when ever you want. From as little as 2 wks veg to months. Make your plant what you want… A big bush? A small flowering clone. What ever you want it to be. Prune for the size that bests fits your environment. And just have a fucking blast doing it. If you clone, you will get to do it again and again. Its your garden. Do what you like.

6 Likes

Love it! Thanks for the reminder to have fun and enjoy

3 Likes

My indica doms get about a 12-16 inches or so of stretch, and I let them get about 3 feet tall before flowering. Topped plants won’t stretch as much as non-topped plants as well.

2 Likes

Flipped these on 12/5

Was away for 9 days and came home to a blown ballast on one of my CMH. Luckily I run 2. Think it must have blown recently as plants look pretty good. Think I really need to check my numbers on next watering. Soil on top seems really hard and crusty. Not sure why.

The 2 AH Autos are so different!

AH-1

AH-2

Purple Kush:

Northern Lights:

Flipped on 12/5

NL:

NL:

OG Kush: