Flower stretch nodes didnt really stack up

So I’ve noticed the internodes on my plant stretched alot during the first few weeks of 12/12. I’m not sure if its strain or environment that caused it, possibly high temps. From what I can read on the net it says stretched plants will cause weak spindly stems but these things are thick and strong ready to hold up large colas but the buds seems to be quite small and only the last 2 nodes seem to be stacking better since stretch has stopped. Not sure if they’re going to do some serious bulking but they seem to be starting out small in relation to stem size. Not sure if I’ve caused it with nutrient strength or how it might affect the end product.
See pics

1 Like

Your light is not strong enough. Give me the spec’s on everything

2 Likes

They all stretch in first weeks after flip, some strains more than others. After that they will stack and then fatten and then ripen. Patience is one of the main ingredients now. Slow down on N and up the P,K and you should be good but…

If so ,she needs more now than ever before!

2 Likes

What are you running for light and how big is your space?

1 Like

I’m running a cmh 315w in a 3x3 its approx 2 feet from the canopy I ran it at 60% until I switched to 12/12 then cranked it up 10% every few days until I got to 100% which I think caused the heat issue. I’ve just upgraded from a 4 to a 6 inch exhaust to keep temps down but i did have some warm weather over the stretch period which is what I think may have caused it.

1 Like

I’ve never grown with one of those, but running it dimmed may have contributed a little. Which bulb do you use?

Yeah this is my first grow using cmh so I dont have any experience with it. I was using the Phillip’s 5000k but swapped to the 3000k yesterday. Im a bit worried I’ll just end up with a few good tops. I’ve spread the bud sites trying to keep them even height but theres so much stem i feel like the lower buds will just be airy crap.

1 Like

Keep an oscillating fan on them.
That’s a long stretch. If the buds get too heavy you can always tie them up.

1 Like

I didn’t even realize they have a 5000k bulb, and very surprised to see that much stretch under a light source with that much blue.

It’s actually 4200k. I’ve just put in 3 small fans plus the 6 inch exhaust pulling through vents has them dancing maybe even a bit too much. But prior to flip I only had a 4 inch exhaust and 1 small oscillating fan so very little air movement until about a week ago

2 Likes

Gotcha, that one I’m familiar with. Hopefully adjustments you made will help…

I’ve just never seen buds start out so small, some lower branches have like 2 pistols coming out that’s all. Is this normal?