Flower room lighting

Trying to set up my flower room.
Would any combination of those be better for flowering than a 600 watt hps cool tube?

I currently have 1 viparspectre
Coverage Area & Hanging Height - The Dimmable 2000W LED grow light is perfect for a 4’x 4’ vegetative coverage at 30’’ and 3.5’x 3.5’ flowering coverage at 22’‘. We recommend hanging the light at 26’‘- 38’’ with 100% VEG brightness and 60% BLOOM brightness while running the light 18 hours per day during vegetation stage. During flowering and fruiting stage, hang the light at 20’‘- 24’’ for 12 hours per day with 100% brightness on both VEG and BLOOM channel.
|Average Power Draw|395 watts ± 3%|

1 vs
Coverage Area - Comparable to traditional 250W HPS/MH while consuming only 130W! Perfect for a 2’ x 2’ vegetative coverage at 24’’ and 1.5’ x 1.5’ flowering coverage at 18’'. Actual Power Draw 130 watts ± 3% @ 120 V

2 spiderfarms sf 2000
SF2000 only consumes 200w, running 50% less power than the HPS or Blurple lamps, and still was 50% more harvest. Veg footprint is 3 x 4 ft, Flowering footprint is 2 x 4 ft.

The end goal is to upgrade to a 1000 watt hps but need to upgrade ventilation first. Really just looking for any kind of advice. Posting pic also any help is appreciated.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, great people around to help you.

I run MH in veg and HPS in flower in a 3x3x6, girls are super happy.

I don’t have an answer to your question, but @dbrn32 is the forums engineer. See is he is around to help you.

1 Like

I would never recommend a blurple light to anyone. This one is no exception: when they lie to you and call it marketing I look somewhere else. The fact of the matter is, LED’s blow everything else out of the water BUT! that’s using LED’s that aren’t 10 year old tech. Modern Samsung diodes are frankly incredible. The old metric of “50 watts per square foot” if used for high end LED’s output would be more like 30 watts per. The spectrum delivered is more usable, you aren’t spending money on waste heat and they last for years with no issues. Oh yeah; they’re silent. You can dim them when in veg and I’ve never run mine flat out: you don’t need to.

My electric bill went down $60 the first month after getting these.

Look at Horticulture Lighting Group.

2 Likes

How large is the grow space?

6 foot by 7 foot wide. 7 foot ceiling

1 Like

42 square feet is a huge space to light. Like two 1000 watt hps lamps is what would be typical in space like that. Or, about 1600-2000 watts worth of lights you have.

If I was trying to get good results on tighter budget, I would probably go with 4 air cooled 600’s.