Flower Power's Continuous Grow

One week into flower for the Durban poison and blue mystic. They are stretching nicely and I will be putting the SCROG over them some time during the next week.

These 2 girls have been topped once, FIMed once, and the 2 mains created by the topping were supercropped. You can see that they have been heavily defoliated, as I defoliate as they grow. A couple of clones have been taken off of each of these as well.

The Maui wowie is doing well and is putting up her 4th node. I will transplant this one in the next day or 2.

My first orange barb developed mold and died before she ever put out her first set of serrated leaves. The second seed popped a week ago and is doing well.

7 Likes

Time for a bit of a haircut to remove some fan leaves blocking light from reaching budding sites.

Durban Poison

6 Likes

Haircut for the blue mystic. I also did a bit of training to space out budding sites. I put too much light on it during veg and have a very short, dense plant.

Before

After

6 Likes

Great job on pruning. It always makes me nervous when I’m cutting away. LOL

1 Like

The girls are really going at it at this point. They are drinking about a gallon of water a day now.

The Durban poison started reaching above the SCROG net today. She’s adding 1 to 2 inches of height a day now (in the stretch.)

The blue mystic is just chugging along. She hasn’t reached the SCROG yet, but should by the end of the week.

5 Likes

Did some supercropping yesterday to flatten out the canopies and put more light on more flowering sites.

6 Likes

Hopefully no stems broke. :+1:

1 Like

All good to go. I made sure to bruise the stems before bending. I snapped a stem off last grow.

3 Likes

They’re thirsty, I tell 'ya.

Fed 1.5 gal each with nutes.

Durban poison, pH 6.8, PPM 1,350

Blue mystic, pH 6.6, PPM 1,180

7 Likes

Awesome my brother. They look happy, happy, happy :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :v:

2 Likes

I’m finally getting happy too. I’ve been struggling to get pH and PPMs where I wanted them. I really loaded them up with nutes today. They’ve been doing well, but I’m hoping they’ll explode with growth now that pH and PPM are near perfect.

3 Likes

Outmotherfreakingstanding. Every plant seems to be a learning curve, at least for me they are. :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :v:

2 Likes

Yes sir. It seems like I’m learning more about getting everything calibrated right with each watering.

3 Likes

Rearranged the veg tent to move the maui wowie and my genetic mutant orange barb to 10-gallon bags on the floor. Clones are in the enclosed tray and you can see a couple of varieties of (very young) bell peppers and some cilantro, basil, and dill.

I added a HLG 260XL. I’m now pulling a about 1,200 watts from the wall (all on) between both tents.

4 Likes

One of my blue mystic clones graduated to a 10" pot today. She was the healthiest of the bunch. If she responds well to the transplant I will throw the other clones out and I will keep her as my blue mystic mother plant in the veg tent.

5 Likes

SCROGs went down yesterday. I initially strung them with #18 mason’s line, but movement from the fans freyed them and the string even broke in 2 places overnight. Not very good stuff for a SCROG. I restrung the SCROGs with #32 load-bearing twine this morning. I also transferred the Durban poison clone to a 10" pot.

These ladies are now 3 weeks into flower.

Durban poison:

Blue mystic:

Clone:

5 Likes

Did a little training to the young ladies this morning.

I spread out the mains on the maui wowie to get more light down the center of the plant and to prepare it for the 2nd topping. Maui wowie is the first pic.

Second pic is my polyploid orange barb, which has developed 2 stalks. I’ll be able to top this lady in 2 places for her first topping. I’ve pinned down both stalks so I can train them to develop with as much separation as possible.

7 Likes

Just completed week 3 since flip. Photo of Durban poison.

9 Likes

Fed them today and trimmed a little vegetation. It will probably be the last trim as they are now a little past 4 weeks since the flip. The pistils are just now starting to yield to bud formation, particularly on the Durban poison. I cut a couple of the less healthy buds off. They are loaded with juice. Sticky!

Durban poison:

Blue mystic:

9 Likes

An update on the littles for this afternoon. Maui wowie (first photo) and orange barb (second photo.)

The 2 mains from the first topping of the maui wowie are growing out nicely and are putting up their 4th node. I’m going to veg these for ~12 weeks, so I’m going to slow roll training and will probably top again after the 6th node is up.

The orange barb is a polyploid and puts up 2 of everything it grows. Two mains, two sets of leaves, 2 of almost everything. I’ve been chopping the duplicate parts where it seems to make sense. I won’t be topping or FIMing this plant since it produces duplicate vegetation. I will probably be cutting off some of the duplicate parts to keep its size manageable, as I will be vegging this girl for ~12 weeks as well.

These will get moved to the flowering tent when the Durban poison and blue mystic are harvested. I probably planted them too early. They will be monsters, which isn’t really what I wanted.

6 Likes