Flower, or Pre-flower?

Full chart:

3 Likes

You can see mine asking for more CalMag on the leaf in the lower left of this shot:

2 Likes

Sorry I disappeared. @Newt got ya covered. The FF nutes are good, but be prepared to mix And pH your butt off.

1 Like

Okay, cool…so what about her? Does she look normal? Lots of random brown spots on all size of leaves…and maybe a little droopy?? I can’t tell…or is it normal cannibalism??

I dont think im ready for all that mixing and ph’ing…I need a simple grow for my first time, lol

1 Like

By first thought is that they are slightly over-watered - which isn’t caused by giving them too much water, it is caused by not allowing the soil to dry out between waterings and or feedings. I only all water when my planters are light enough to be use they are dry.

2 Likes

I’ve only been giving her less than a gallon of water every 5 or so days, shouldn’t she be drinking more than that? Or do you think it was because of my old blurple light that she wasn’t drinking properly?

The liquid trio, one plant, it isn’t too much. Just be sure to pH AFTER you mix your nutes. A lot of growers here use them. I started with them, but switched Coco and Jack’s. They grow quality buds. More than one plant, though, especially if you have them at different stages, is a major pain in the butt.

I don’t worry about how much. I just water to run-off, and then let it dry before adding more liquids.

1 Like

This is one of the best ways to check how wet/dry. A fully soaked 5 gallon bag, with a plant that size, should probably be in the 15lb area. Dry, she will weigh like 3.

1 Like

That’s kind of what I’ve been doing…but maybe wasnt totally dry? My moisture meter said it was, and there was no soil stuck to it when It reached the bottom…is there a way to tell when it really is totally dry? Like waiting till she gets slightly wilted??

So a 3 gallon fabric totally dry should be about 2 lbs? And around 12 for soaked?

Weight of planter is the best I have found. Moisture meters are at best unreliable. Especially if you are using one of the long dual probe meters. I threw mine out.

1 Like

Lol that’s exactly the one I’m using… looks like I’ll have to just put soil in an empty pot and go from there! Was hoping I wouldn’t have to until my next plant, oh well lol I’d rather save this one from overwatering

When I go to put the soil in, do I just fill it loosely or do I pack it down a little bit as I go? Nor even sure if I filled my first pot right, hah…

Just don’t water until the bottom of the fabric pot is completely dry, then pick it up. Should give you a good idea of the dry weight. Or if you have another same size bag, fill it with soil, and see how it fels.

1 Like

I gently compact by just dropping the bag (from a couple of inches) after every few scoops of dirt. More precisely, I add 5 scoops of dirt, one scoop of perlite, mix, drop, repeat.

1 Like

Okay, cool!! I think parts of my soil are a little more packed than other spots… maybe not. I think it could’ve just been my stupid blurple messing things up, and the occasional humidifier malfunction lol

1 Like

Not exactly. Those were just rough estimates. Probably just a tad more. When I was in 5 gallons, soaking wet it felt close to 15 lbs. But it would hold roughly 1½ gallons without runoff. So that would be about 10-11lbs alone. Couple pounds for the soil itself. You can kind of feel where the center of mass is, which would be the most damp area in the soil. It sounds weird, but it’s real quick and easy to get a feel.

2 Likes

Thank you @Borderryan22 . It sounds perfectly not weird lol and yeah my 3 gallon seems to start getting runoff at about 5/7 of a gallon, but that could be because she was already still a bit damp in the first place! I’m just terrible with guesstimating lmao

1 Like