Flower Moon & Total Eclipse North America

The May Full Moon in May is known as the Flower Moon. Other names include the Planting Moon, and the Milk Moon, while some named it the Hare Moon.

This year we also have a total eclipse on the full moon, May’s full Moon reaches its peak on May 15-16, 2022! Plus, this full Moon will be a supermoon and coincide with a total lunar eclipse for most of North America.

OK – too much info, I know:

• Penumbral Eclipse Begins: The Moon enters the outer edge of Earth’s shadow (called the “penumbra”) at 9:31 P.M. EDT on May 15 (6:31 P.M. PDT).
  • Partial Eclipse Begins: The Moon enters the darkest part of Earth’s shadow (the ”umbra”) at 10:27 P.M. EDT (7:27 P.M. PDT).
  • Total Eclipse Begins: Totality begins at 11:28 P.M. EDT (8:28 P.M PDT).
    *** MAXIMUM ECLIPSE: The eclipse reaches its peak (called the “maximum”) at 12:11 A.M. EDT on May 16 (9:11 P.M. PDT on May 15). This is the best time to view the total lunar eclipse!**
  • Total Eclipse Ends: Totality ends at 12:53 A.M. EDT on May 16 (9:53 P.M. PDT on May 15).
  • Partial Eclipse Ends: The Moon leaves the umbra at 1:54 A.M. EDT on May 16 (10:54 P.M. PDT on May 15).
  • Penumbral Eclipse Ends: The Moon leaves the penumbra at 2:52 A.M. EDT on May 16 (11:52 P.M. PDT on May 15).
7 Likes

Ok, I will be dropping my last 2 Bruce Banner auto seeds in a cup that day! And maybe transplant 2 tops I’m cloning. Don’t mess with the Farmer’s!

FYI, it’s also a blood moon, supposed to be really red! An interactive map can be found here

Looks like where I am, and @DEEPDIVERDAVE and @noddykitty1 are, right between the 2 red lines, so we will get the full best view! Unless it’s pissing down rain like it always seems to be here! Lol!

3 Likes