Flower Light Schedule - "Stretch" Question

Hey all!

So I’m aware that once I flip from veg to flower light schedule (18/6 > 12/12) I’ll get about 100% “stretch” in height on the Hindu Kush I’ve got going.

My question is: Will she continue to create new nodes as she doubles in size or will she just stretch out the space between each already existing node?

Hopefully my question makes sense.

Thanks in advance for the responses!

2 Likes

While she is stretching up, it’s gonna produce more nodes to make more buds to collect more pollen to produce more seeds to make new children. Hopefully that helps

4 Likes

Got it, so the “stretch” you get once you flip to flower really is a transition from veg to flower and she continues to veg until the “stretch” is over, then she stops and focuses only on growing more flowers.

Hopefully I’m understanding this correctly.

2 Likes

Yessir, like with autos I grow some times. When people switch over to bloom nutes at first sign of flower, they’re missing out on that explosion of growth because they switch to bloom nutes before the stretch is over

3 Likes

As @HornHead said. Couldn’t put it better

Excellent point hornhead about swapping to bloom nutes too early.

2 Likes

Very interesting! So you’re suggesting that the correct workflow would be to flip to 12/12 and continue to feed veg nutes until stretch is over then you should switch to flower nutes?

Would this result in more than 100% stretch for Indica’s? Or does it just speed up the stretch process?

2 Likes

Most nutrient schedules will account for it, if you’re following a schedule.

1 Like

Awesome, yes, I’m using a schedule, this is my first grow so just standing on the shoulders of those who figured it all out :smiley:

5 Likes

Take a peek at the schedule, they usually have a light schedule that coincides with each blend. That first week of 12/12 is usually still pretty heavy on nitrogen. If they don’t list light schedules, may also be labeled transition.

1 Like

Yep, it’s labeled “flowering transition”, then “early bloom” and then “late bloom” and so on…

3 Likes