Flower duration

Okay guys. First time grower here. She’s around 120 days old. Seeing as how she’s my first, I’m looking for some other opinions on how far along my plant looks to be into flower. I’ve been guessing around day 36 but I would be grateful for other opinions. She is bagseed, so the strain is unknown but I can answer any questions about the process this far if need be.

1 Like

She looks to be about 5 or 6 weeks, I think. You don’t remember when the first pistils showed?

2 Likes

I have pictures of the whole grow. The pistols stated showing about the 5th of August. These pics are from yesterday. I just wasn’t sure how long the plants flower before they started showing pistils. And thanks for the input. That’s definitely going to help me determine around when she’ll be ready for harvest.

1 Like

I would say you’re looking late September early October

1 Like

So yes dido lol

1 Like

She still has at least a month to go.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the comments. It’s appreciated. Does anybody know what I should do about flush if I’m growing in soil?

I don’t flush just the last two weeks or so before harvest at pH my water and just water it no nutrients

I haven’t really used many nutrients in the water to begin with other than some bone meal and banana tea. The soil I planted her in has kept her a nice lush green since I put her in the ground. I’m on a low budget so I haven’t been able to spend much on nutrition.

2 Likes

Just a little update on the girl if anyone is interested haha. Her buds are starting to fatten up and I’m really impressed with how dense they appear to be at the moment. Took a test sample at about day 44 of flower (she’s on day 55 now) and I was surprised with how potent she is at a young age. I plan on doing a staged harvest and I’m figuring the first harvest will be a week from today on the 24th. What do you guys think? Questions? Comments? Concerns?

1 Like

@Growyourown Looking good. Maybe 2\3 weeks.

1 Like

A little update on the girl. I did her first harvest yesterday with another harvest coming from her in about a week. I did notice a little bud rot on a few of her flowers but I was really excited to see all the purple coming out of her. Overall I’m a really happy guy.

3 Likes

These are my other girls. Obviously they were started a bit later. Especially the smaller one but this being my first time, it was all purely experimental. The bigger of the two will 've coming down in another two weeks and the smaller one (it’s all bagseed but this one is from a really good bag of smoke so I’m really excited about her) Hopefully I can let her go til at least the end of the month. Which I realize I won’t get much from her but a few grams and hopefully a good seed or two but she’s still such an amazingly beautiful plant.

2 Likes

Here’s some better pictures of the flowers on the oldest girl after I took her completely down. Not the best, but I did the best I could with an anxious hand haha. Definitely not breaking any records here but I couldn’t be happier with my first grow.

1 Like

So I officially have my 2nd harvest under my belt. I got a little over 2oz on my biggest lady. I’m hoping to get around an ounce from this one. She could’ve gone about 2 more weeks but we are going to be having some temps in the 20’s for the next few nights so I went ahead and took her. Overall I couldn’t be happier with the outcome.

2 Likes

My youngest is still flowering but she’s doing something wonderful. I hope she can beat the cold and has enough time to at least get close to finishing.

She’s the last one to grow. Already been planning my crop for next year. My garden will definitely be bigger next year. I have a much better soil mix ready and a lot more of it than this year. I can’t wait!

1 Like