Flower Day 38 - looking ok?

New grower here. 38 days ago I started the 12/12 on my master kush plant. This looking about right? Just looking for a check-in as I am not sure! Will probably post along the way too.

Thanks!

10 Likes

Just a couple of leaf tips show some nutrient burn other than that everything looks great. Keep it up

1 Like

Looking nice and frosty yup I agree with @mountainman1

1 Like

She looks good. You’re doing a great job.

1 Like

For fixing the nute burn, do I just need to pay more attention to the ppms on my TDS meter? To just reduce the overall amount of nutes? This is a hydro setup.

1 Like

He’s, do you know your PPMs now?

Ppm was 665 as of a couple hours ago.

I really don’t know hydro, but it seems reasonable that if you’re seeing burnt leaves then you should lower your PPMs. i would try 500.

2 Likes

Yes just lower the ppm level slightly.

Thanks for the info! I will reduce it today! Does the ppm level need to be adjusted throughout the grow? What are the ppm levels supposed to be in certain stages (veg + flower)?

1 Like

You need to get a feel for what the plant can tolerate. Always start low and raise ppm with each feeding until you start to see evidence of nutrient burn. Keep records of your levels and try to keep it at a point just below when the plant showed burning. . This is dialling in your nutrient schedule. If you clone your plants and you have kept records you will be able to supply the plants with the perfect ppm levels

3 Likes

Hay mountain I have a question. On a rdwc system what’s the best way to add manganese (Mn) the leaves are starting to show a little bit of deficiency not enough to show on a pic but little red dots on some of leaves it could be my ocd foe this aspect of life Lol if u need Spef of how and what I am growing I can give that as well

Im sorry @BigDaddyCain I do not have any experience with deep water culture .

Ok, another update. Here she is at day 46. I have been keeping my ppm at around 500 and am still seeing the tips burnt. The pH also had been dropping regularly below 5.5 all the way down to 5.1, so I have been having to adjust it a lot just using regular tap water. Some of my pistils are starting to darken. I am going on vacation in a week and a half for a week and am worried that will be right when I need to harvest, anyone have an idea how much longer based on these pics?

1 Like

Hi @newbie_MN you still have a lot of fresh white pistills there, I would say you still have around 3 weeks or so , depending on how you like your smoke.

1 Like

That will be perfect timing for when I get back from my vacation (Colorado)! I am looking for something in the middle when it comes to smoke, 1/2 couch lock, 1/2 head high ;-).

I am looking at the trichomes too, but they are tougher… I have a handheld magnifier

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LAX52IQ?tag=greenrel-20
is the best way really to cut off the little leaves to look at them? I don’t want to cram the thing in there and risk breaking something off!

You really want to inspect the calyxs on the buds ,not the leaves.

Interesting, I will have to get up close and personal with my plant then!

Thanks!

Oh yeah. That will fill in nice over the next month. Happy growing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Another update on day 64. I think she is close (maybe a couple days?). I stopped nutrients a week ago now. What do you all think?

2 Likes