Flower booster lights

I see a lot of “flower booster” lights in the red spectrum 25-80 watts meant to augment regular lighting. Are these worth the trouble? What do you think @dbrn32?

1 Like

Depends on what you have for base lighting really, and then which light you’re looking to add to it

I have two HLG 320 XL for a 2.5x4 area. I already get good results, but was just wondering if the extra red gives any advantage.

1 Like

Like some 660nm would probably help flower development a little. Average guy probably wouldn’t justify results as to costs though.

1 Like

It 's important to do the sq footage math before you purchase any lighting in the first place, otherwise you’re likely to regret your purchase or need to amend things.

1 Like

That’s a pretty good dose of light for a 2.5 x 4 foot area isn’t it, @dbrn32 ?

1 Like

Yup. More than is needed.

It is a lot. They were not both in a 2x4, but in a 4x4 usually. The 2.5x4 is the footprint they will cover in my 8x4.
:crazy_face: They were in a 4x4 tent which is the recommended flower footprint on the HLG site. I do have three tents too. 2x4, 4x4 and now a 8x4. I would move them around depending on what I had going on.
The back up was a couple of blurples pulling 100 watts each. The results show why the HLGs are superier beyond just the math!! :slight_smile:

3 Likes