FloridaSon's 2018 madness

@FloridaSon Not good. Ugh. Sorry for the setbacks. I wish there was something I could do. I don’t think shooting rat shot around your place will help. But seriously this makes me want to start hauling 5 gallon buckets of bleach (not a good idea lol) and bombing the hell out of everything.

I read up on some mind numbing stuff about the virus and that virus is pretty complex and pretty small (but varies in size). It’s a virus and was probably around in the 1400’s, but vastly more important is it’s probably been present for 12,000 plus years (but I believe indigenous people have occupied the America’s for more the 50,000 years). But I’m talking out my butt because I’m extremely high.

I completed failed biology lol but I know how to research. These viruses basically have to play out. It will mutate and come in various sizes and probably already firmly established in the surrounding area. Sorry this is what I’m talking about doom and gloom. I’m just giving my thoughts and we know you can do whatever you want buddy.
I can see staying on course but cross contamination will always be a factor. You have to be very careful not touching the uninfected after handling the infected. Hell it might be transferred through a slight breeze.

3 Likes

I don’t believe it would have made a difference due to everything getting dusted up while mowing. The virus is highly contagious.

Trials make us stronger once we press through them…

5 Likes

Naturally, fire would kill the virus. Water cleans, fire purified.

It could help, I’m sure, but I don’t know if the virus could still live through it under the soil. Lol…not really funny, but I just realized my compost piles are most likely infected as well.

1 Like

I don’t mind doing the leg work when I know what I’m looking for, thank you. @Niala has been a tremendous help in pointing me to information that may help and any help is welcomed.

Referring to your prior post, I don’t easily give up on my girls. Have you noticed Champ?..

By all rights, I should have culled her by now. Can’t bring myself to do it as long as she still has signs of life.

Not to mention BBA runt…

Like I said, yields may suffer, but survival plants tend to reward with potent highs…

11 Likes

From what I have read they probably are. You may want to check out any other foliage in the area also. I’m researching off and on for you :hugs:

3 Likes

So some things have changed. Due to all our rain, my wife talked me into harvesting the autos. Better to pick now than risk rot.

They won’t be sit down like I wanted, but should still be good for a wake up bowl.

I also brought in Bruce, to avoid the potential of damping off at this early stage. Well, :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: cat struck again!

I didn’t get pictures because my phone was charging, but she bit the stem in two about an inch below the cotyldon and then pulled the stem out of the pot!

None of the cats outside messed with her! What the hell, cat?!?

Per @Mrcrabs I have tried to salvage her with aloe. Not that he directly suggested this, but his cloning topic was my only Ray of hope.

Rubbed what was left of the stem in fresh aloe, squeezing some juice in the soil and set her back down. I had to try something!

Because of the TMV I am firing up my light again. I’m not really prepared for this, no environmental control, but my hand has been forced.

Here is where I feel claustrophobic. My space will be 32"x32". From the base of the space to the highest I can adjust the light is 60".

I will have to use a screen to get the best from that light in that space. I’m still not fully mobile yet, but I have a little time, I guess.

1200w but really only pulls 270w from the wall. Full spectrum with IR and UV…

Will get pictures once I’m more mobile. My wife brought me the autos to trim and hung them for me. It was rough getting these pictures, but I needed to get up.

Finally off the crutches…

13 Likes

So sorry for your losses, but at least some harvest is better than no harvest. Once you get The hang of indoor growing your Gona love it, hope that aloe helps,I’m cheering for you. Good luck

1 Like

Anything to keep TMV at bay @FloridaSon

2 Likes

Way to power through amigo!

3 Likes

I’m sorry but an early harvest is better than no harvest :+1: Give your wife a hug :hugs: from me.
Maybe it’s time to plant some catnip :upside_down_face: for that little stinker. I’ll buy you the seeds! Oh crap :poop: I won’t be able to mail them with no address - maybe General Delivery :package: :grin:

6 Likes

Yeah, abuse of the private messages here stopped that possibility. I don’t know what form that abuse took, but they stopped them in '16 I think. It may have been early '17, but I don’t think so.

I give her catnip twice a week. Stupid cat!

I have been fortunate to be gifted some seeds. Gold leaf and a custom strain by a breeder. I hope I can do both sources proud!

A bonus in my birthday gift from my son and his GF. Brought me two different strains, Gorilla Glue and an unknown. The unknown has a couple seeds that will be worth planting if Bruce doesn’t make it.

The flavor reminds me of a strain I tried a couple years ago called Skittles. I remember it so well because I remember thinking it would have been better named Starburst. That’s what it taste like!

The effects are mellow. Thoughts tend to become random, but with great depth! Easier to delve into abstract thought after a nice bowl. More active than sedative, so not great for going to sleep.

I’m considering planting one of those seeds before running valuable seeds in a climate I can’t control. Once my confidence indoor builds, I plan to make my donors proud!

Madness…

7 Likes

Glad my outside plant’s are not budding,All this Rain is killing me and we got all next week of rain
My Auto’s are in the tent so don’t have to pull them yet

3 Likes

Good thing you have the space for them! I wouldn’t have been able to fit mine in this space. They’ll still be good, just not the target I was aiming for.

We need to plan for sheltering our girls outside from our late season rain. This was my wakeup call!

It’s only a problem if you can’t overcome it…

4 Likes

That’s why I bought my little outdoor greenhouse :+1:

2 Likes

tent is 36x36x60
it’s still prone to the heat and Humidity it’s in a sunroom
the outside plant’s have cover ,but it’s in a empty lot next door,Can not look at them everyday,

3 Likes

Interesting theory. I wasn’t here, so couldn’t possibly speculate.

4 Likes

When I first came here we still had use of them. I didn’t use them much because I came for the combined shared knowledge of growing the plants.

Plenty of topics started getting clogged with chatter afterwards. Lost the ability to hook up with nearby fellow growers. Many benefits lost, but apparently the use of them were starting some issues here.

I didn’t use them enough to miss them before, but now with more growers here from Florida, it would be nice to still have that personal access.

It is what it is…

7 Likes

Lol…as I look at the post counter, my point is proven!

Granted, there are more people here now, but one of my topics would have never hit this many posts.

Didn’t realize it was so busy here…

8 Likes

You’re a likable guy apparently haha!

7 Likes

That would be a bonus…

3 Likes