FloridaSon's 2018 madness

I remember seeing them all over the road too. They put in huge culverts with a retaining wall to keep them off the road. Now the gators hang out in those areas waiting for food to pass through and get fat! Lol

1 Like

Btw F🤬 gd Hurricane Irma!!! I lost power for 8 days. Not to mention lost soooo much in pre made medicated food. My oil container that was forgot in the freezer molded sumthin fierce. F🤬 Irma hard! I can’t believe I forgot to take the edibles out. Guess there is only so much room in a cooler, but you’d think I’d grab the food that would get you high, first.

At least I had bud and Kush to keep me entertained. Oh and did I mention F🤬 Irma!?

2 Likes

I was fortunate. Only lost power for 22hrs.
Bought a generator so my father in law would have power. They were out for 10 days.

What killed me was being surrounded by houses with power. Only in the center strip of my neighborhood was knocked out. 11 houses was a low priority. Down the road from me a few blocks were thousands of houses without power. Signs out all over the road. We need power over here, we’re all over. No ice or gas to be found anywhere. Stupid me, I sold the generator, the previous year. Hadn’t had one hit us in a decade, so why not buy more seeds. STUPID

2 Likes

Timing is everything. You know we’ll get hit again.

1 Like

A shared gorilla grow of 26 autos made it through well. Lost 3 to down tree branches but the rest were a okay. They looked great, almost like they were ready to go again, I tell ya. Tough lil f🤬ers!

Grow in Florida - A hurricane is like a Disney ride for a cannabis plant. So if you say you love your cannabis, Why not treat your girls to some fun in the sun folks? I hear the fear and excitement really makes the resin just ooze with joy. Try what this excitement could do for you. That is, if you can survive till harvest. If the mosquitoes, heat, humidity, venomous snakes, gators, sharks, or hurricanes don’t get to you before some tourist or blind, old person runs you down first. Yup, the FloGrown Cannabis Experience, ready to come taste the fear in every toke.

4 Likes

How did I not mention all the invasive species

4 Likes

You probably already know, but the stump must be hard wood to benefit your soil concoction. I don’t want to come off like a schmuck, and minimize you in the least. I was just reading, and came across what you wrote. I like throwing nails in my soul mix too. It’s cheap, and done correctly I have one less issue to worry about when I make my soils. If you have any cheap, and effective suggestions I would like to learn. Thanks,

1 Like

I see you did some edits after my phone died and I went to bed!

Lol…FloGrown will have more meaning now when I see the stickers on the trucks! Florida growing…not for the faint of heart! Lol

3 Likes

Not a schmuck, I didn’t know that and thank you for the info! It’s all good for me. Most of the stumps are oaks, scrub and water oaks. I don’t know if cherry are considered soft or hard.

We only have 3 1/2 pine trees. Those will be donated to my wife’s cousin for all his help with lumber from his saw mill. He only does rough cut, but Mill Creek Saw Mill can hook you up if anyone is near Marion County.

I wish I had cheap ideas. Putting them in the ground was my cheap route. In another year or two I’m hoping to be done with buying nutrients. Letting my compost pile work with the hope of a free grow, minus the cost of ILGM seeds.

I’m assuming the nails are for iron content? Lol…plenty of that already in the ground here. I pick up decomposing metal out of the yard on a weekly basis. My father in law and his brother had a scrap yard going here for many years. Plenty of metal buried!! I keep waiting to dig up a car that I was told was buried out back.

Thank you for offering any advice you have. I know we all have our own methods for growing, but I’m always willing to hear opinions and advice.

I don’t get mad about offered advice if others don’t get mad if I don’t take it…

4 Likes

Welcoming the much anticipated arrival of Bruce Banner#3…

From now on it will only be clones that increase my numbers. I’m thinking the prodigal seed is a lost cause, but will dig around today and see what I can find.

Go Bruce!!!

5 Likes

My LSD Clones did not work, Not that I need it cuz have alot of seeds left, but just want to see if I Can do it

1 Like

I just started my first clone for this year. My Amnesia Haze finally got clipped.

I went ahead and left the two past the branch I wanted because they’re essentially the same height.

Simple procedure for my cloning method. I add a little SuperThrive to my water. Trim the leaves on the clone, cut the 45 while in the water. Place it in the soil and slowly water in until runoff is clear. Place a dome and pray for success. Lol

It was a quick job, so I’m not confident in this one, but my rates are usually high. Well, last year was a disaster all the way around!

Had dinner cooking while getting it done. The pouches have corn on the cob in the husk with butter and beer with seasoning.

9 Likes

Very yum and very nice on your clone job. Healthy and happy!

1 Like

LSD seeds? I’d like to get one from you once we get the chance to meet. If things go better than last year, I could bring you a clone of something you don’t have.

That applies to you also, @Budbrother . Didn’t you have that Dark Angel? I need to get a collection started for next year. Lol

4 Likes

I Have 4 og kush auto’s
4 Amnesia Haze auto
4California kush
4 og kush
10 white widow
3 LSD
I Think LOL

1 Like

It’s the LSD that has my attention.

If things go well, I’d love to trade a Sour Diesel clone for one of the LSD seeds. Last year didn’t go well for her, but this year is looking much better in the new location. I plan on cloning her next.

I could even throw in the Amnesia Haze photoperiod after my next cloning. The one I just started has already been promised to someone else. Trying to help a family member.

7 Likes

IMG_7333 @FloridaSon GoodMorning my friend, looks like we finally getting some rain. I thought you’d appreciate this pic. Mother natures beauty.

5 Likes

You know I love it!

The great outdoors! If only we’d stop trying to :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: it up…

2 Likes

@Mrcrabs and of course the Mrs! Beautiful pic look at all those colors! Good mornin’ to you both, my friends!

1 Like