FloraKleen experience with coco?

I have to strongly agree with both @Myfriendis410 and @MattyBear. When I first joined here. I was chasing similar ph issues. And doing the same. Trying to fix the problem with adjusting my ph hard, both up and down. If you are worried because it is your run off numbers are high. That is not an issue. That is normal for coco if it has not been pre washed or was just washed lightly. I wash mine lightly my self. It will settle down in time. I no longer worry about what numbers I get ph run off wise now. If the plant is doing good. I am good with it. How you feed will also effect your run off. Lower ppms will give you lower ph run off numbers. Higher ppms will normally bump you up .1 or .2 for the run off. Not sure if this helps. but chasing numbers can really mess up a grow fast. Or I found that true for me. i now focus more on what the plants show me :smile: And I just use standard bricks of coco, not the coco loco

3 Likes

And to help better explain why this is…the plant sees the liquid with the 4.6 or whatever you use, it doesnt see an attempt to correct. If your target is 5.8 or 6.2 and you water with 4.5 that’s way out of range and will be toxic for your plant. In the future, if you wish to make a correction to a media flush with the ph you want continuously. No need to use nutes while doing so though it likely wouldn’t hurt but you will just be pouring them down the drain. Once you achieve the desired ph range water once more with a mild nutrient mix and allow things to settle down for a while.

2 Likes

Thank you all for your good advice. I use my well water which is not hard water. I think I will do a small flush tonight and get back on track with proper ph. I want any salt buildup gone. Any thoughts anyone?

1 Like

I wouldn’t be too pressed. Since coco loco naturally goes to around 6.5 I don’t think you need a full flush

1 Like

One of my girls was 7 last night though

Just thinking to clean her out might help

Plus the runt hardly drains so I’m thinking might help her too

What you think?

1 Like

Couldn’t hurt. At least I don’t think

1 Like

@HornHead
Just an update of my girls. The runt is catching up and healthy.

5 Likes

Yes sir. Looking good. I’d show you a picture of my girl but lights out. They’re eating nutrients and water like crazy. Keep on keeping on

2 Likes

When you get a chance I’d love to see what your girl looks like. I’m not sure if you can tell yet but do you prefer growing autos or photos?

@imSICKkid I’ve used Coco Loco and it’s ready to go straight out of the bad.

As long as you have runoff after watering you should be ok as far as salt build up. Good luck

@Not2SureYet
Have you mixed soil with coco? Like coco loco?
Plaaces like dinafem suggest 20% mix of coco to soil and hearing the PH of coco loco it sounds like the ideal product to use.

1 Like

I only use coco and perlite my self. Adding soil to mine would just mess things up. Coco is ph’d at 5.8 and soil at 6.5 So I don’t see either being to happy. I have heard others mention doing it though. I haven’t read up on it but really can’t see where it would make a positive difference. Just my o2 there.
I do well enough using straight coco and perlite that I have not tried any other soil combos.

2 Likes

I do well using soil and perlite as well, I emailed dinafem and asked if it would work better than what I’m currently doing and they said yes for sure.

But didn’t everyone above say this coco loco is ph’d higher and more like soil?
@HornHead
@Not2SureYet

2 Likes

Yes it is Ph’d higher and I like it. So do my plants!

1 Like

I looked it u and it does call for a higher ph. They add a lot of stuff in it is why I would guess. it is not a straight coco like I use. I learned some thing Else today :grin:

2 Likes

Technically this is not soilless but soil: poor soil that will require amending sooner rather than later. I don’t see the benefit as I can flush clean in coco or Promix but never completely sure in soil…

2 Likes

It’s for mixing with soil I would Geuss.
Like dinafem recommends 15-30% coco, but normal coco would mess up the PH, this product won’t.
Mix it with your fox farms soil to 30%
I’m going to grow my next grow with 30% coco loco I think, so I’ll mix my top 1/3 of happy frog and my 2/3 of the bottom with ocean forest.

I’m stoked now actually

2 Likes

Update pic for @HornHead of my coco loco girls. Was having ph problems reaching 7.5, so I Florakleened again tonight.

8 Likes

They looking phat!

2 Likes