Flora flex nutrients in coco

Flowering out with the flora flex using coco ph6.0 feeding EC 1.4-1.6 temps mid 70s rh50-45%
I am working with this flora flex it’s new to me. So I realized mySelf that I indeed needed cal mag I am also feeding super aggressive because that’s what my plant is asking for. I was going with 800ppm no good. Moved it to 1000 little better. Now I’m dialed in at like 1200 EC 2.1-2.2 ph 5.9-6.1 I let it vary a little. I use recharge once every ten days and use slf 100 ever 10 days on those days I give no nutes only cal mag. I use fox farms gringo Rasta cal mag. Looking for something cleaner.

3 Likes

Looking good. Are you using real coco or something like coco loco? Also what you lighting the room up with?

@123Rosie Those are some nice looking girls. So what strains are you growing?

1 Like

One is a unknown the other I split a pack of jungleboys skittles cake x gelato 33 seeds with a friend and this is the only seed I got to work out of the 5 I got. One was a male. 3 never grew I tried germinating them in rockwool which I had never used before and did not know how To use and had no business using but I did. Lol. Anywho the only one j got is great thankfully got good terp profile and grows well nice structure so far. The bag seed is out performing it and has a crazy candy sweet fruit smell idk what it is. Real nice tho.

The first picture is of the unknown and the slight cons is of the jb skittlescake x gelato33 I’m using the hlg 550 rspec with a uva bar attached to it. I keep my day time temps at approximately 72 degrees Fahrenheit and my RH is around 35-40% I have only 2 plants in flower at this time they are in 5 gallon pots which I regret but whatever now. I wish I could of had the time to put em in 10 gals but they never came on time. I got them for next ones. Use flora flex nutrients ph 5.9-6.1 mammoth microbes and real growers recharge I use tap water that j let sit out for 2 days but I recently purchased a water dechlorinater for plants that flora flex says is ok to use along with their nutes. I flush with slf 100 once a month during entire plants life. So far 3 times. I don’t go for the whole 15 gallons through a ( gallon I do roughly 5 gallons per plant 5.8 ph water with slf100 for my flushes. Thanks tell me what I can do to dial it in more. I want more terps. Can I add terpinator to floraflex! ??

Never used em but they look happy. Are you doing a feed/water/feed/water cycle or something different? That’s also a way to hammer a plant hard when they’re hungry; omit the water days and do something like a f/f/f/w. Salts do build up so always water to runoff and water only helps to reduce salt buildup.

2 Likes

You asked a good question and I don’t have an answer for you. I wish I did. The two girls look good and healthy. From all that I have read and it’s a lot, it seems like you have it under control.

I’ve never used rockwool as my seeds go straight into the final home. I like simple. I have never used fabric pots but I have a 5 pack of the 15 gallon one. My plants get such a crazy amount of roots aka sometimes root bound.

So my next crop is the fabric pots. Just to see what that experience is going to be like.

1 Like

Thanks @MrPeat means a lot to have folks like yourself and other great growers give me feed back and help. I’m gonna keep on keepin on with this. I took a bunch of cuttings early on in flower and I’m gonna using several different cloning methods at the moment I have 3 in pre soaked rock wool and 2 in root riot pods and like 6 in coco loco in 6ounce paper cups. Some of which are dead maybe idk yet. I also planted 14 seeds. 5 mac1 from copycat genetics and 5 junglecake from him also. 4 willies kush cake from seed junky genetics. All seeds are fems. Supposedly. I m using floraflex in vege as well doing 6.0 ph in vege currently I have a monster cropping clone from my last grows pheno1 which I’m happy about I might keep it as a mom it was so good. I plan on finding a mom of the willies the jungle and the mac1 and growing all strains from clone I. My 4x4 and teach myself how to grow properly.

I did take a lower branch off my GSC to see if I could clone her. She flowered on me and wasn’t even 3 inches tall. So I don’t have a plan to try it again any time soon.

Really I been doing it a lot lately. Takes longer but the plants kind of start topping themselves

1 Like

I never feed straight water. Coco is inert and if fed properly, you should always water to runoff and have some sort of nutrients in too at whatever ppm your plants need for that stage of growth :v::bear:

Thanks @MattyBear that’s top info rite there. I’m 28 days in now from the moment I flipped the 12/12 I’m feeding a 1.7EC around maxing out at 2.0 I’ve been gradually getting stronger. I was just sticking with 2grams b1 and 3grams b2 straight cal mag to bring the EC to 0.2 You think I should adjust anything at this stage ?? PH6.0 but I let it vary 5.9-6.1 and I I’m in coco loco and I use mammoth p and I flush with and add to my nutes once a week slf100 I just started using the slf tho my runoff was getting high in June of my plants.

1 Like

Hey @Rosie12! How are your plants responding to that EC? Do you have a journal you can tag me in?

I do not have a journal so to speak. Here’s some pics of my results so far with the flex and how the plants are responding. When I was feeding lower EC and not buffering up to the recommended e c of 0.2 using cal mag I dealt my plants where looking hungry but 2.0 up to 2.3 so far and they Are doing great. I water to run off but I still feel like salts where building up so I have done several flushed and I use slf 100 Every week once a week. I use the coco loco I’m new to growing. I never heard of coco before last year. New York City my first few grows where outdoors in pots started using fox farms at first got some better results With the nutrients and I did it every year for 7 years like 10 plants a summer. My plants started getting stolen so I made the switch the past summer I’ve had one harves so far. 2 ounces 2 plants. Got them from a friend.

1 Like

Hlg550 witb the uva bar attached in the middle. I may be adding more light though.

1 Like

Looks good to me!

1 Like

Thanks bro. I been working hard on the tent to get it up to scratch. Still I want to add more air circulation and I want more light I thinks. Idk how I’m gonna go about the light yet or the air maybe a oscillating fan on to a gear board or simply another clip fan but I already have quite a few clip fans running already I was thinking to just replace them all with a big fan oscillating back and forth but not much room really. And the light how do I figure out how much light is too Much. ??? Like can I just add 2 more fixtures either side of my 550 I was thinking the hlg Sabre or evening maybe like 2 100 wat hps bulbs see what’s up with that mixed lighting i here so much about. Not sure really. I want to add some blooming additives to my floraflex but not sure if that will burn my plants or not. I have beastly blooms from my last grow and I was looking in to terpinator and some other enhancers. You have any knowledge or input about those kind of products bro and lighting in a 4x4 tent ? And air flow hahahah lots of questions I know my bad. I’m off work for 2 weeks so doing as much as I can on my time off here. Never have a clear mind when I’m in the tent usually one day a
Week I’m good the rest I’m overworked.

2 Likes

@dbrn32 is the best choice for discussing lighting but I believe that 550 will do a 3 X 3 space which to me is perfect: hate to crowd a tent. (although I’m doing it now with one plant)

You really should be starting bloom nutes if you haven’t already but I wanted to point out that you are usually better off staying with one product line to avoid issues. Beastie Bloomz is used for something like one week in late flower as a finisher. If you want the correct FF ingredient it would likely be Open Sesame and Cha Ching. In the FF line you would want Bloom and any additives they include (I’m using all of them).

If your plant likes that EC then stick with it. I would suggest looking at the runoff: it’s possible the plants need even more. Although doubtful; you are pretty close to peak nutrient load.

2 Likes

I see @Myfriendis410 is replying too, so you’ll have some good answers in a minute. Lol. The HLG 550 should be good to flower out a 4x4 tent. Shouldn’t need to add more lights unless you’re gonna run them all dimmed down some. I just got 2 new oscillating fans that fit on the tent poles and work awesome! They’re Vivosun fans and I like them a lot.

1 Like

I agree, hlg 550 plenty good in a 4x4.

1 Like

Good lookin out

1 Like