Flooded Basement & Interrupted Grow

Hey, I wanted to reach out for suggestions for a temporary solution, maybe 3-4 weeks, to a flooded basement/grow area.
I have/had 3 tents & a nursery box (clones/dome) that I had to dismantle in the middle of the night when water came bubbling up from my floor drain Wed night. We had ankle-deep water across 1900 sqft. A 2’x4’ veg tent (3 girls in veg @ about 22 days) & 2 4’x4’ flower tents (2 in each; 1st pair are due to harvest 6/10, 2nd on 7/5). Veg had been 400W HPS, F1 @ 1000W HPS, F2 @ 1500W eq King LED.
All Girls have been moved to my master bathroom with only bathroom lights on 8 am - 8 pm. I have the 2x4 veg tent still “up” and could be utilized but no fan & filter are available.

I foresee this lasting only a few weeks, so I don’t want to go permanent. What suggestions do y’all have that can help me keep my garden? Thanks in advance.

Rick

Me and God were talking… and he said you might be screwed… but I told him it dont seem like you’ll let that happen… :wink:
I’ve been in such situations and all’s I can tell you is to just ride it out… please be careful of electricity in this situation… not sure if your in hydro or what your situation is… but in a worse case scenario I might throw them outside… and hope for the best… either way I feel your terror and dread…
You will pull through this… you are strong young grasshopper… just roll with the punches and you will get through this… this won’t be the only bump in your future , but let’s hope it’s the worst one you deal with…
Much luv fellow cultivator…

:v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thank you, peachfuzz, for the kind words of encouragement. And the good word into God.
Hmmm, outdoors maybe…? Novel thought - hahaha! :rofl:
Yeah, the first thing I thought of was the electric. Luckily, the whole floor hadn’t been covered when we discovered it; Unplugged everything. I’m in soil so a little better off than a hydro displacement. :frowning:
After all, it’s only just another 100 days!

3 Likes

@radamsonilgm u could set ur tents up on a couple of pallets and leave a pair of gumboots at the entrance to ur basement.just hang all the wiring up high

1 Like

Thanks, Saffa. Definitely great suggestions on-going; imagine the unexpected, and mitigate the risk.

1 Like

If they are in your bathroom I would at least set your lights around them so they get the extra light. Might b hard for the ones in flower if u gotta p in the middle of the night.

Outdoors not good flowering schedule right now. Great for lights on though

1 Like

Lol This is all I can think of after reading your reply :joy:

3 Likes

Can you put in a good word for me too LOL I am still laughing over that comment

2 Likes

Thinking of doing that w/ some lights. Do I send them all into Flower w/ 12/12 for my 4 flowering plants? Would an 18/6 schedule hurt (how badly is the question, I guess) the flowering ones? Even after just a couple weeks?

Can’t wait for this to be over and get back to normal. However, I LOVE my new view from the commode (ILGM Gold Leaf 4th gen clone, 38 days in 12/12)!!!:

2 Likes

I totally feel your pain and frustration. My basement routinely leaks from the walls. I have been dealing with that on and off for a few years. All I can say is get yourself a wet dry shop vac and try your best to suck it up and get it out of there. Luckily for me my stuff doesn’t come up from the floor so I can vacuum water in my grow room and then just dump it down the main drain in the middle of our floor. Sorry can’t help you much but my suggestion are- dehumidifier. Make sure you have all your cords up off the floor. And just try to keep the girls out of the water. If you can keep them in the grow room on top of something that’s safe I think that would work best for them. Unfortunately You’ll have to wear galoshes down there.
Good luck! please keep us posted on how it goes. Like I said I really feel your pain!:innocent::anguished::cry:

2 Likes

Get a sump pump or a trash pump to get the water out of your basment then patch the cracks with cement patch and paint it with concrete sealer

2 Likes

Well, a week later and basement is getting cleaned out; Sump pump is working well again; it just couldn’t keep up with the amount of water we received.
Anyway, I’ve roughly organized the girls into the bathtub and jerririgged a light support and hung my 1500W equivalent King LED over them on a 12/12 schedule - 4 of the 7 already flipped prior to the flood.

And I can put the baby outside; for a few days anyway…

I’m curious what kind of hit will my 3 vegging girls take, not so much the disruption, but a week or 3 of 12/12 light? They’ve already started going “bright” in the growth zones…

Thanks again, all!
R

1 Like

How long into veg are they? U can reveg a plant but it will usually grow a little weird. Will start off with single leafs for a while. I think U will get far enough into the flower cycle that u will either have to reveg or let em go to harvest.

The young’ns are 35 days in soil, but slow-starting clones; was going to veg them for 60, but alas… Is what it is.
Will get to restart in a clean room & organize from scratch. It was getting to be a bit add-on inefficient…

Thanks!

Just to complete the story, everything has moved back; harvest was delayed and stunted in yield. It was babies having babies - the little plants going through flowering…

By the way, that little seedling shown last above on 5/25 is my P10 GDP, harvested last weekend & shown below:

1 Like