Flipping to flower questions

I’m preparing to do my 48hr of darkness.In order to make my light cycle to be from 7pm to 7am would it hurt my grow to leave th in complete darkness over the 48hr of darkness?I appreciate everyone’s help this is only my second grow

1 Like

No, I don’t think it would hurt them, and while I haven’t researched the benefits, I can’t think why a growing plant would benefit from a 48 hour dark period before flipping to 12/12. I mean it doesn’t happen in nature, and light is the growth driver, so why deprive the plants of light between veg and flower?

7 Likes

I just switch to 12/12 and go on with life. Never any problems

7 Likes

Some people do 48 hours darkness before they harvest, but I’ve never hear of anyone doing it to initiate flowering. It’s not a thing.

3 Likes

Why would you put the plants in 48 BEFORE flipping to flower ? Some people do it before harvest but there is zero proof that it helps a bit

1 Like

Just flip the lights. They wont care…:grinning:

1 Like

I’ve heard also that it helps to drink Mountain Dew for 6 days before flipping.
:wink:

1 Like

Well, actually they will, but they don’t gripe about it like the human ladies do! :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

Welcome , flip to 12/12 light schedule and don’t look back. :v::+1:

1 Like

sometimes if a plant is stubborn and won’t flip to flower, even at 12/12, people will do 48 hours of dark to try and force flower before going back to 12.12