Flickering SF4000 Grow light

It would seem cheaper to send out a new unit and have you return the defective or even just keep it if it’s easier/ cost effective.

@dbrn32 is right on with the dials, he’s lead me thru many of builds and helped figure out my error.

What drivers do they use on those? Hlg120h c54b?

Can you snap a pic of how they are wired? Series or parallel? I never do mine right I always just wire them the same until there’s an issue like yours.

You adjust vo and lights go out

2 Likes

If it has vo adjust is a cv/cc driver. Something like hlg-240h-48a, wouldbe parallel wired boards. But they use cheaper elg series drivers on some of their lights too.

2 Likes

I will check the numbers on it. will take a picture for you all. I had been in town at the gym for a couple of hours, came home and went to turn light back on and let it run for a while. This time it wouldn’t come on at all. Here is where you panic AARRGHHH! but no, one of our toy poodles jostled the extension cord and connector to the wall looking for lizards. Lucy can find them, she is a dedicated lizard hunter, lol. The plug is one of those 2 in1 plugs, and sure enough, I moved it a bit and light back on. I have since rearranged the connection. More progress reports soon.

2 Likes

Well, the news is good, @PharmerBob you are a true disciple of @dbrn32 and you nailed it it looks like. lamp running like a champ, we will see tonight, but very relieved. Thank You. Adding a couple pics of the forest below.

3 Likes

Glad everything is up and running properly! Girls look very happy and healthy! Well done

1 Like

Thank you and @dbrn32 for your insights, guided me as to where to look. It looked fine the last couple of times I checked it last night.

1 Like

Hopefully will do what it’s suppose to for a long time.

Amen to that, seems to be doing just fine. The company emailed me a second time asking for videos for their engineers. I am impressed, was not expecting their support to be this good.

3 Likes