Fiz's Second Grow - LSD Auto triplets

Cracked me up when Deadpool said that. Those movies crack me up!

4 Likes

What kind of girls u growing this time Fiz???

1 Like

One is a Space Queen - named Sally Ride, the other is a LA Chocolat, named Trixie Belden.

They are photoperiod clones, given to me by a friend of a friend. These are my “learning photos” and good thing because they came with issues. One plant I’ve solved them - Sally is really happy, and one I haven’t - Trixie is still not there yet.

1 Like

Sounds fun keep us posted!

1 Like

So suddenly overnight, Sally started getting purple leaves. Didn’t take her out. Her last pH and PPMs were good. She’s had a light dosage of cal-mag and some Recharge. Is this a new problem cropping up? Or is she fading before stretching?
She’s at 14 days post-flip today.

6 Likes

I would say this more likely an issue, probably phosphorus. If ph is good for media you’re using, then probably just a matter of not enough phosphorus. The only nutrients I’m aware of that could antagonize phosphorus are calcium and magnesium, so could also simply be issue of too much of these.

3 Likes

I’ll give her another check today and see how’s she’s doing. This literally happened overnight so whatever it is, hopefully I can get on top of it quick.

1 Like

These still in grow dots?

1 Like

No, these clones got the “I’m throwing all the old soil/coco in a bucket, tossing in some worm casing soil and perlite and hoping for the best” treatment. They haven’t had too much in the way of nutes, since their “out” numbers are pretty good now. I have NO idea what was in the pots they came in, because the LA Chocolat was outputting 2500 ppm!

I’m honestly surprised they are alive.

3 Likes

2500ppm isn’t ridiculous for what you’re doing. I’ve check fresh bags of roots and fox farms over 4000ppm. This mostly due to slow acting nature of organics and waiting on your bugs to breakdown and make plant available. Loaded up like that on synthetics would be more of an issue.

5 Likes

I finally got FishSh!t back in the house, I may give them a light drink of that, and for Sally a bit of flowering feed. I like to go half dose or under on mostly anything I put in except the microbes and silica.

Thanks - it’s always something. These darn plants should learn to talk for pity sake. :wink:

5 Likes

They do, just not our language. :wink: up to us to learn how to hear them.

4 Likes

I never was good at languages though… :woman_facepalming:

Sally PPM 663, pH 6.3.
Trixie PPM 670, pH 6.9.
Both got different drinks, but both drinks were pHed to 5.9.

So, it looks to me like Trixie has a pH problem, and they both need a good feeding.

Should I dose Trixie below 5.9? Maybe 5.5 till she gets back in range?

3 Likes

I would just stay on point, keep watering at 5.9 til it levels out. I don’t like going too much lower than the target pH because the plant will naturally try and adjust herself back where she wants to be - the root system exudes hormones to alter pH, which is why we see such wild pH drift between plants anyway when they eat/don’t eat/want to eat but can’t.

If you’re real nervous about it, a mini flush (running 3x more water through her than normal) may help bring the pH back in range.

3 Likes

Thanks, no, I’ll just keep it up with the 5.9. Don’t want to go too crazy on them, they’ve had a rough life.

I’ll give them a bit of a heavier feed next time, nothing insane, around 1000. Hopefully the dosages of FishSh!t and Recharge got the microbe house in order and we can proceed normally.

5 Likes

@Fiz Do you add anything to the kief before pressing it? Mine were a bit fragile but I didn’t make them super thick either. :v:

2 Likes

No, nothing - I just fill and press, fill and press until I have “enough”. Then it gets the toaster oven treatment and we’re good to go!

5 Likes

Up before the girls this morning! But in the meantime, hubby has stopped using melatonin entirely! He was groggy yesterday when he got up, and I told him one capsule only from here on. He’s still sound asleep this morning, so I’m thinking we’re good. I’ll have to make a bunch more pills for him.

I knew this would help him. Nice to be right about this.

10 Likes

Outside of disliking the feeling i figured would help him quite a bit too. My wife had a hard time wrapping her head around daily use to help her many ailments in the beginning. Now she has a whole box full of different varieties and dosing options that she will tweak and tune daily.

One thing my wife really likes is thc and cbd blends. Going dispensary she can get edibles that are 10mg cbd 1mg thc, 5mg each, 2mg each, and all kinds of random other dosing. But there are vapes and flower available with different ratios as well. She feels that the cbd often tames effects of the thc when she needs to stay a little more level.

6 Likes

I was thinking about growing something that had THC and a decent dose of CBD too - I was looking possibly at Critical Mass. I have arthritis all over, and there are days when my hands are so bad it’s crazy. If I can get him to indulge during the day, he might well be more contented with dealing with his ongoing problems.

He did say his knees felt good yesterday, and I hope that’s the weed talking too!

5 Likes