Fiz's Second Grow - LSD Auto triplets

Woo hoo, I’ve been looking forward to you next grow and grow journal! :partying_face: You are an excellent student :woman_student: (and teacher, I’m sure!)! :woman_teacher:

I’m also looking forward to see how the dots do with the super soil. I won’t be using P4P on my next grow, but I “think” that for one plant I’ll do a medium grow dot application and then top dress with bloom nutes during flower. For the other plant, I “think” that will have heavy grow dot application and no added nutes, other than what comes in the soil that is lightly/moderately amended. I’ll see. And also I’m committed to learning to train with those. :cold_face: :crazy_face: :sweat_smile: Oh, and I picked up some Recharge the other day. Of course, I’ll tag you when that’s up.

Anyway, thanks for the tag! I’m very excited for you and your grow!

Hope you guys will enjoy the snow lockdown … you seem well-prepped! :sunglasses: :snowflake: :cocktail:

2 Likes

Thank you very much!

I’m curious as to how the dots do. I know there’s lots who love to play with nutes - and I have a 10 part nute kit myself! But after burning poor Lucy, I think I’ll try to play it safe.

I’m training on this run. Still not “up” for a manifold or anything… But let me try some LST, topping perhaps? Got a lot of seeds incoming so I’ll have plenty of time to practice.

And as everyone knows, I’m famous for changing my mind!

1 Like

I figure that’s the one thing that MAY have stunted Lucy a bit. So that’s the first factor to eliminate this time!

Watch me get one each of the three phenotypes of this strain…

2 Likes

My current bottle is Four Roses Small Batch.

2 Likes

Very nice, a sipper :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Since I take pictures of everydamthing…

Seed C

My one daughter has a career in sustainability. She would be so happy to see me recycling materials for my “domes”!

And what would a day be without a current Lucy shot - yes, I’m still taking daily pics of her so that I know what things should “look like” and not trust my rapidly failing memory!

She is starting to feel slightly dry - she’s on her third day of hanging. Humidity at 50%, temp around 65.

9 Likes

My best friend taught me to drink bourbon - I actually rarely drink, I’m just a big old pot head.

3 Likes

Good to do, and it’s one of the reasons why I’ve been wondering/going back and forth about how much grow dots to use, lol. My bloom nutes are natural/organic, with my current plant I used 1/2 strength, and I’m curious about the mix of synthetics and natural/organics.

1 Like

Wow, Lucy is looking good and thick while playing batwoman.

3 Likes

:bat::woman:t2:
OMG! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

Do you have picks of the “banana peel” cups before you put them into the pots? You described it once, but I don’t recall it all. I’m curious/I like the idea of having the top-most portion having the cups around the top area; I’m not describing it well, but my plants get exposed roots near the surface! It seems that would be avoided with what you are doing.

1 Like

I don’t have pictures, but what I did was cut the bottom off the cup (allowing roots to grow down without hitting the plastic), and then to make it easier to take out of the pot once baby seedling is established, you cut the cup from top to bottom in three slices. Those get buried, so the seed is “in a cup”, the water is contained in that area (can’t get out to the rest of the pot), and it’s easy to remove.

Idea came from @The_Cannabowlist . I remembered this time!

4 Likes

Thanks. So then do you push the (bottomless, sliced) cup down into soil? And then put the seed in the soil?

1 Like

I actually dug a hole first to make sure I had a good fit, put the “peels” in first, and filled the cup after that.

2 Likes

OK, got it, thanks! :+1:

1 Like

You’re welcome! I believe he said that he learned this from horticulture students, iirc.

2 Likes

Congrats on your new grow! Are u using the grow dots for nutrients? I have them but haven’t used yet. They are supposed to support a whole grow as I read it.

1 Like

I’m just gonna have to write a step by step tutorial now. Lol

5 Likes

Set to check on that later today…:+1::sunglasses:

4 Likes

Guess that means I need to do it today. Lol

5 Likes