Fiz's Second Grow - LSD Auto triplets

I’m starting my second grow today - three LSD Autos. I’m using A Pot For Pot again, things went so well with grow #1 using them, I figured I’d get another grow under my belt before I went to all coco, which I plan for grow #3.

My setup: Cloudlab 3x3x6, Bloom Plus 300W LED, two 5 gallon PFP, and one 2 gallon.

I gave the 2 gallon pot a light dose of Grow Dots. I’ve been watching a few grows that use them, and I’m all for keeping it simple. I’ve prepared the PFP according to directions, though I did add some additional perlite and Mykos. The pots have been resting in the tent while their sister Lucy finished in her smaller tent.

I had good results using Recharge throughout my first grow, so I’m stocked with that.

The seeds went into water late on 1/26, and I moved them to the paper towel last night as all three had cracked. After morning coffee over here, I’m popping them into their pots. I set up with “banana peeled” bottomless cups embedded into the topsoil of the PFP - hopefully as a way to eliminate any transplant stress, as I’ll just slip out the “peels” once the plants have established. I’m trying this since Lucy was a shortie at 20 inches, and I suspect I transplanted a bit too late.

I made .5 inch holes in the topsoil and lined them with Mykos. I had had to give about a half cup of pH 6.5 water with Recharge to the two larger pots, a quarter cup for the little one. The small pot is A, the two larger are B and C. I’ve got names picked out, but for now just the letters until they grow.

The monster filter is vented to outdoors, and will help with the excess heat the light puts out, which is why I hung it at lamp height. I tested last night and the light at soil level is currently set for 10 DLI, which should be plenty for sprouting. (I’ll double check that before dropping seeds.) There is also an intake fan that I didn’t order, but was sent to me instead of the window vent kit I did order. I don’t mind as it’s a 400 CFM. Early tests shows that set on low it will blow the tent up like a balloon. I’ll have to work on the balance between filter and intake.

So, I’m going to tag a few people who followed my first grow, I apologize if I missed anyone - and welcome!
@Twelve1 @Graysin @The_Cannabowlist @LuDog @BudzMS @Brainsacco1 @oldguygettingbackin @spudeater65 @StonedCold13 @SteveSS396

I hope I got everyone. Early morning bleary eyed stoner blues over here. :wink:

15 Likes

Thanks for tagging me back in :heart_eyes:
I’ll definitely enjoy watching round 2…ding ding ding

1 Like

Welcome! And I figured time to get off the canvas and get right back into the match!

2 Likes

Look and listen to u go @fiz. confidence abound. on board and taking notes… 3 babies this time… momma needs her meds lmao awesome

2 Likes

I was going to say that I could read the excitement in her 1st post up there :grin:

4 Likes

I figure this will hopefully set me up so that I have a little buffer in grow times… I suspect Lucy will keep me until these girls are ready, assuming they hurry like she did!

4 Likes

no doubt . she nocked it out on first try

3 Likes

Well, I talk a lot, used to do it for a living. :wink:

3 Likes

Keep it coming :metal:

2 Likes

I’m on my way! I did win 15 seeds in the contest, plus I bought 6 of another strain from a different seed bank. I couldn’t resist the lure of “cheap seeds” and figured the cost was low enough to hit my “gamble” threshold. :wink:

2 Likes

Good grief, the local weather forecaster I follow just said one of the models predicts we could get 3 feet of snow!

Damn good thing I have food and weed in the house! And if the storm goes like THAT, I may need a bit of bourbon too!

4 Likes

Mmmmm, jack black. My liquid devil :metal:

1 Like

I haven’t ever had a bad experience with another seed bank. I have a pack of dud-ish seeds I bought - they germinate and then immediately lose their will to live, but no fault of the bank, just the breeder giving me undercooked seeds. No big.

Yikes! I hope Lucy hurries up and dries nice for you so you’ve got nice smokes if it comes down hard!

:heavy_check_mark:

You are set to rock. I’m very excited to see how your dots interact with the super soil at the bottom of the PFP mix and how nicely they play with your autoflowers. My Grow Dots v1 is a miniature beast. If she had been better cared for, I think she’d be massive. Grow Dots v2 is nearly ready for a bigger pot, I’m gonna try to get her situated in an autopot this time around and see how she grows.

5 Likes

I used it as a top dressing since I’d set up the pots before I bought the Dots, and thank goodness the packet said I could.

I’d best get upstairs and plant these beans! Hope I get a Jack and the Beanstalk lady - or three! :wink:

5 Likes

As long as there’s minimal transplant stress, you should be golden. They’re good genetics, very eager to grow big.

An ILGM Wedding Cake auto as measured from the top of her coco. :v:

6 Likes

Woo hoo, I’ve been looking forward to you next grow and grow journal! :partying_face: You are an excellent student :woman_student: (and teacher, I’m sure!)! :woman_teacher:

I’m also looking forward to see how the dots do with the super soil. I won’t be using P4P on my next grow, but I “think” that for one plant I’ll do a medium grow dot application and then top dress with bloom nutes during flower. For the other plant, I “think” that will have heavy grow dot application and no added nutes, other than what comes in the soil that is lightly/moderately amended. I’ll see. And also I’m committed to learning to train with those. :cold_face: :crazy_face: :sweat_smile: Oh, and I picked up some Recharge the other day. Of course, I’ll tag you when that’s up.

Anyway, thanks for the tag! I’m very excited for you and your grow!

Hope you guys will enjoy the snow lockdown … you seem well-prepped! :sunglasses: :snowflake: :cocktail:

2 Likes

Thank you very much!

I’m curious as to how the dots do. I know there’s lots who love to play with nutes - and I have a 10 part nute kit myself! But after burning poor Lucy, I think I’ll try to play it safe.

I’m training on this run. Still not “up” for a manifold or anything… But let me try some LST, topping perhaps? Got a lot of seeds incoming so I’ll have plenty of time to practice.

And as everyone knows, I’m famous for changing my mind!

1 Like

I figure that’s the one thing that MAY have stunted Lucy a bit. So that’s the first factor to eliminate this time!

Watch me get one each of the three phenotypes of this strain…

2 Likes

My current bottle is Four Roses Small Batch.

2 Likes

Very nice, a sipper :heart_eyes:

1 Like