Fiz's Autopot Experiment - Spring '23 grow

OK, huge bandage off, more normal ones on. Doc was thrilled that I have very little bruising and swelling, hooray!

Tonight…

I do believe I FIMed Ellie CM, whole buncha stuff going on.

Jenny BB clearly in preflower. She looks kinda weird to me but checking up on the strain indicates this neon green is typical.

I mixed my nutes today, at 1100 this time. I will fill the rez tomorrow.

6 Likes

I added a bit more water to drop PPM to 1000. I finally found the first pump in plain freaking sight so put it in the tank and set it to run few times a day.

2 Likes

Oh, and when I added the new water to the tank it was pretty empty. I last added water 12 days ago - 4 gallons. This time they got a bit more, since I added about 1/3 gallon plain water to drop the PPMs. Also, since they are getting bigger I expect this tank to get used up faster. Week 6 (4 in veg) ends on Thursday, so I’m flipping Friday. I think it will be lights on 7 PM to 7 AM, off during the day.

I had added the 4th part of the nutes this time - “Rock Solid”. Each of the 4 parts is 5 ml/gal. A is the nitrogen, and part B gets doubled during flowering so next fill. I did use less of part A - 15 ml instead of 20. Also added 4 ML of Tribus and some CalMag.

And looking at this more closely - looks as if I may not need cal-mag at all. Oops.

1 Like

Final observation for the night: I peeked at Ellie’s stalk tonight and it is a tree trunk. Thick as my thumb, that really shocked me. I’m getting excited to see what she does after the flip.

4 Likes

Jenny has hedgehogs this morning - but to simplify things I’m going to count tomorrow - first day of week 7 - as day one of flower. She could make purple buds, not sure yet.

Ellie is looking better to me - I still think the both of them look kinda funky though.

And finally Miss Plum, who is starting to unroll her leaves.

6 Likes

I just got a notice that my AC humidifier is out for delivery! I’m very excited about that, the timing is perfect. It’s going to be so much easier to fill etc. I have one of my bottom vents open for air flow, today I’m installing an intake fan in a duct port, and going to close everything up tight.

4 Likes

Yay! I just unboxed. I will take some pics when I get done.

2 Likes

So, it was pretty easy though I get confused with setting the controller. I have to talk to myself out loud to make sure I’ve got it right.

I decided to go ahead and set the timer for 12/12, on 7pm, off 7am.

I reset my Photone app, and I will have to play with the lights tonight.

Time to sit down to a couple of bong hits. I am wiped out - today I put the pantry back together (to a loud chorus of curses) before the humidifier arrived. Whew!

5 Likes

I have mine in VPD mode. If the VPD rises above the setpoint, the humidifier kicks on, and ramps up if needed to bring the VPD down to your setpoint. So when I’m in veg, I set it lower, and raise it as I get deeper into flower. And I just follow this:

3 Likes

I was trying to figure out why I couldn’t go into that mode, and it’s because I have the 69, not the 69 pro. I figured I didn’t need both bluetooth and wireless so went with the cheaper option, while still supporting 4 ports, etc.

Oh well. I can dial in by watching the VPD on the screen, and playing with the settings till I get it as best I can do.

3 Likes

Oh… I didn’t realize that was a Pro feature.

3 Likes

Yeah unfortunately for me. The difference didn’t register with me, my own fault.

2 Likes

Finally, Jenny looks happy today. She has been stretching for 6 days, so maybe a little more.

She seems to like the 12/12, that along with a richer feed seems to agree with her.

Ellie got some strings on her after this picture. I also had to sacrifice one fan leaf because it couldn’t be tucked.

5 Likes

They are looking good! Run Jenny, run! :thinking: Close enough.

4 Likes

Just back from my granddaughter’s first birthday party. A good time was had by all! The baby was adorable and charming, walking around waving at everyone like the Queen used to.

3 Likes

I am surprised how happy the girls are to be under 12/12, it was instant. Her second light period began at 7 PM, and I was expected her to think about it a bit but no, she did enough stretching to allow me to tie the tops. I took this before picture and forgot to take an after.

I was having a bit of an umbrella problem so I pulled another fan leaf.

Oh! And lookie at Miss Plum!

Which makes sense, b/c they are native to Hawaii, so a 12/12 is more their speed.
Finally Jenny - she’s been stretching for 7 days so probably not much more. She’s rather short at 14 inches, so maybe a bit more.

Future cola

Hedgehog

She does have a good number of bud sites tho.
Added today: changed to the 110CFM for intake.

Next grow I am going to let the auto grow untrained.

4 Likes

Tonight - added 3 gallons to the tank, same as last time except a little silica added, time to grow strong stems.

Since I last put water in 4 days ago, we’re using the water much more quickly. I didn’t switch to flowering formula yet - but I think I will, plus fill the tank up more next time.

3 Likes

I do believe that Jenny is going to be a bit shrimpy. She appears to be done stretching at a whopping 16 inches. However, bud sites are developing nicely.

Ellies tops look nice and healthy. She hasn’t budged since she gave me enough to tie her. I will be patient though, I am sure she’ll get taller. Otherwise she’s going to look like a weed hydrangea bush.

Edit to add Jenny, Oops.

7 Likes

Ellie decided to stretch a wee bit. Hopefully, she will let 'er rip. They really look totally healthy finally.

Note to self: You were underfeeding them a touch.

Next on the agenda - time to put the carbon filter in. I think I’ll have to more them out for safety, and I want to make a change on my autopot piping anyway.

Miss Plum is finally rooted, I gave her a touch of just water. I need to look up how to take care of them. She has 8 leaves open, and more to come. It’s weird how they do, first it looks like a red claw, then it starts to unroll, but then it has to open flat along the middle. At least she looks less like an alien now.

My time schedule is all messed up, I’ve been having major insomnia, like 3 hours or less of sleep in a day. Ick. But yesterday was day 43, first of week 7. One complete week of 12/12.

I’ll be out all day tomorrow, and I have to say it’s so nice to know the girls are going to be happy while I’m gone.

I do not miss toting gallons of water a day. And this new humidifier is great, I refill it every day when I go to see the girls, but it’s never close to empty.

7 Likes

3 hrs a night would be maddening especially as it wears on and on and the deprivation compiles. @Newt makes some sleep meds it’s his trimmings I believe may benefit you. He’s posted his recipe a few x’s in his journal.

5 Likes